outdoor shooting in Derry

ive found a sand pit in derry, its a good 600ft atleast into the woods, not posted "no tresspassing" or "no hunting" can the police bother me for shooting here or am i perfectly ok to do so?

i wouldnt even know who to ask, its just this sand pit in the middle of the woods, theres a ton of shotgun shells from other people shooting out there, but other then that, even looking on google maps, theres literally nothing for a couple miles in that direction, you have to go hike about 15 minutes in the woods to even, i used to hang out in that area as a kid

If you can print out a map from google or bing, bring it to the assessors office, they should be able to identify the owner for you.

well like i said its not posted, and theres literally hundreds of shotgun shells out there and all sorts of other casings

I use to play around in the sand pit as a kid up there. My mother lived on Fordway St. I bet it's town or state property, but the town hall will be able to tell you.

ill be sure to check with the town hall and derry PD before i do any shooting, but for the most part locals dont seem to concerned about shooting there, it seems to be the go to spot for it.

You can shoot on private property with consent of the owner. Shooting on property without consent is not good. I know you dont want to ask in fear of being told no, but avoid the trouble, and assume the shells belong to the owner or someone allowed to be there. Can you imagine how you would feel if you are roaming on your property and someone who was not invited was shooting guns on it, you may even be inclined to defend your property. (even though there is no castle doctrine in NH, dont depend that someone might not do something without thinking.)

Back
Top Bottom