Outdoor Rifle + Pistol

Any recommendations for ranges within a 30min - 1hr drive from Boston? Money is a little on the tight side right now so in addition to private clubs, I'm also looking at public ranges and/or those that charge low daily fees.

Woburn sportsmen is within your radius. 50 yrd pistol. 200 yrd rifle. $140 for year + $100 for initiation = $240 for membership. Also after first year dues can be reduced to $70 + work hours.

Woburn sportsmen is within your radius. 50 yrd pistol. 200 yrd rifle. $140 for year + $100 for initiation = $240 for membership. Also after first year dues can be reduced to $70 + work hours.

Those rates are palatable, thank you for chiming in.

How are the facilities and members, have you shot there before?

Braintree Rifle & Pistol is fairly close to Boston. They have 2 indoor pistol ranges, and outdoors they have a 50-100yrd rifle and two more pistol ranges. They also have trap and an archery range. Membership for the first year is $150-175 and then its $100 per year (I think). I am a member and shoot there fairly often. Not usually crowded and the members are good people.

Last edited:
Do they have a guest fee/daily pay to use? Would like to try it out before upping for full membership.

Braintree Rifle & Pistol is fairly close to Boston. They have 2 indoor pistol ranges, and outdoors they have a 50-100yrd rifle and two more pistol ranges. They also have trap and an archery range. Membership for the first year is $150-175 and then its $100 per year (I think). I am a member and shoot there fairly often. Not usually crowded and the members are good people.

Do they have a guest fee/daily pay to use? Would like to try it out before upping for full membership.

No to both and most clubs don't have any daily fees.

I'm a member of Braintree R&P also and would be happy to show you around and let you shoot as a guest (no fee) providing schedules mesh. Cost is $100/year ($25 additional for spouse, if needed/desired) plus $75 initiation fee. Next available opening for membership orientation is in January. More info here: http://www.brp.org/

Leominster Sportsmen's $50/yr ($35 initiation 1st year) just down Rte 2 a bit
500 acres to hunt 100 yd rifle, 50 yd outdoor pistol & indoor 50ft 22 pistol; Trap & Skeet; Wachusett Mountain Men muzzleloaders, Archery, pond, gunshop FFL for members Come on up on a Sunday morning when everything's going & check it out (get nice "triple-bypass" breakfast for ~$5)
http://www.lsa-ma.org/member/WelcomeToLSAletter.pdf

Any recommendations for ranges within a 30min - 1hr drive from Boston? Money is a little on the tight side right now so in addition to private clubs, I'm also looking at public ranges and/or those that charge low daily fees.

Public ranges generally cost more if you go more than a few times.

There are a number of clubs reasonably close to Boston, including Braintree Rifle & Pistol, Wayland Rod & Gun, Mass Rifle (Woburn), and Woburn Sportsmen's (Bedford).

Back
Top Bottom