• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OT: Apologies to Collectors about Pics, and Help Request

Last week, a few members notified me that my pics were no longer showing in the threads. IMGUR is my pic hosting site.

I understand that most of my topics won't make much sense if not supported with pictures, and apologies extended to those who care about milsurps and the history.

I began a thread in the Tech Support forum to see if there can be a resolution.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/302689-Another-Imgur-Issue

But if a fix can't be found, what are the options for pic hosting sites besides PhotoBucket? I tried that and it is deplorable - slow, cluttered and near impossible to use efficiently.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Matt

I feel your pain I use photo buget and it's changed a lot over the past few years. Slow and I can no longer figure out how to bulk load the links to post. I have to do one picture at a time.
I tried some other one. Shutter bug or something and it was not better.

I've been using photo bucket since day 1. Lately I can only copy one link at a time or a whole slideshow link is an option. I use the NES photo manager as well, but with a 50MB capacity every third post I have to delete pictures in order to make new posts.

T

Update:

The good folks at NES Tech Support have supplied me with a method to recover all of the lost pics in my posts. They all seem to be back up and visible. Not sure if the recovery will be permanent, but for now it's working.

BIG thanks.

I'll try another topic now!

Update:

The good folks at NES Tech Support have supplied me with a method to recover all of the lost pics in my posts. They all seem to be back up and visible. Not sure if the recovery will be permanent, but for now it's working.

BIG thanks.

I'll try another topic now!

Good deal! Pictures suck without actual images... [wink]

Edit... I still don't see them.

Admin has worked out an agreement with IMGUR to disallow direct image links to the classifieds, which were in violation of Imgur's TOS. So images should be able to be viewed now in normal threads. But I still look back at some of my earlier threads, and no images can be seen.

Asking now if anyone can see the pic of a PPK magazine, below? Thanks.

B658X16l.jpg

Admin has worked out an agreement with IMGUR to disallow direct image links to the classifieds, which were in violation of Imgur's TOS. So images should be able to be viewed now in normal threads. But I still look back at some of my earlier threads, and no images can be seen.

Asking now if anyone can see the pic of a PPK magazine, below? Thanks.

B658X16l.jpg

Yep, it's there

Back
Top Bottom