Opinions on Alien Gear Holsters

Other than the obvious, what's the difference between 1-clip and 2-clip holsters? If 2-clips are useless, why do they make them?

I've only ever tried 1 holster. I bought the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster because it was cheap. I have no complaints other than I had to use Loc-Tite on the hardware threads. They've stopped backing out now.

I use mine at about 5:00 positon. Should I try another holster at this position? I do notice it is kind of bulky. I'm skinny. I like this position because it fits in the small of my back. It's almost invisible when I'm standing up and it's not uncomfortable when I'm sitting. The magazine kind of protrudes through my shirt when I'm bending foward or squatting, looks like a back boner.

Dual clip means the holster is thinner at its thickest point. Also distributes weight better. I find a heavy gun like a metal Sig is not so good with single clip, have to wear my belt tight and higher.

I like single clip because I can more easily adjust cant on the fly. Also because I sweat less.

So after making this post I ended up purchasing the Cloak Tuck 3.5 from Alien Gear and wanted to give a follow up on my thoughts.

First their customer service was great. Their website had a instant chat option to talk to customer support. They were able to clear up any questions I had within 5 min.

The order took about 12 days from my time of order until I received the product. I purchased standard shipping which took about 3 days. The other time was processing the order in their end.

The holster came with a ton of accessories and things to allow you to increase/decrease tension and to let you control the angle and how low the gun sat. They advertised how easily interchangeable the shells were so I did order 2 shells for separate guns. It was not as simple as they had said. It took about 15 min to fully replace the shells. Doing so also reset all the tensions I had changed.

This is honestly the most comfortable holster I’ve owned. I am attributing that to the fact I can change angle and height of the gun which let me chose what was most comfortable for me. I am extremely happy with my purchase and would recommend the holster to anyone who asks.

I'm a bit late, seeing as you already bought a holster, but here are my 2c anyways.

I've been carrying a G19 in an Aliengear Cloak Tuck 2.0 for five years. I've worn it to semi-formal events and venues; I've mowed the lawn with it on; I moved all my stuff into a new house with it on; I once even wore it for four days straight while camping (including sleeping with it). Never had an issue - great holster imho. It's held up pretty well too.

I bought a Bravo for a different gun and returned it FWIW.

YMMV

Another late to the party post. For my IWB of my G43 I use a DeSantis Infiltrator Air. It's a hybrid, kydex shell on a "synthetic and breathable" back. It works really well for me in the southern heat.

INFILTRATOR AIR

I've used both a Cloak Tuck 3.0 and ShapeShift holster from AlienGear. I like them both quite a lot. The shapeshift looks retarded, but it works very well and I like the ability to remove it from the backing and put the entire gun, in holster, into my bedside pistol safe. It has a positive click in retention and I've never had problems. Super comfortable, and like @kalash I've done tons of shit while wearing it.

The Cloak Tuck 3.0 had the old screw in clips, which did tend to loosen up over time and have to be tightened back down, but the 3.5 uses the new click in type of clip from the ShapeShift. That should solve the biggest complaint I had about that type of holster. I used that one for carrying my PM9, but when I switched to a G26 I got the ShapeShift.

Only complaint I have left is that they don't have a good option for WMLs. I wanted to get a shell for my VP9 with a TLR-1 to carry OWB. Ended up getting a kydex holster from Black Rhino Concealment for it instead. It works well enough.

Back
Top Bottom