Opinions on Alien Gear Holsters

Miater

NES Member
I have been doing a bit of research on the alien gear iwb holsters. Does anyone have any experience with them? How is the quality? The flashy marketing makes me question the product.

Thanks

I won’t buy from them, they bashed the police in a shooting incident. There are many good holsters. I appendix carry with a vedder. I like the click it makes, it is kydex but comfortable.

They’re fine. I stopped using mine not because I didn’t like the construction or materials, but because I grew tired of the two-clip design and went to the N82. N82 is miles ahead in quality and design IMO.

They’ll swap out shells if you sell one gun and get another, which saves a little coin, so that’s nice. I only did that once, and it went fine. The new shell was easy to install and adjust.

As for “bashing the cops?” I’m not much of a virtue signaler. Good product? Good price? Allrightythen.

Used them for years, kind of bulky though and you have to constantly tighten the clips. Switched to CYA (Amazon)a year or two ago, no problems.

I have a N82 for my Glock 42 and love it. Sadly they don’t make one for my Smith.

Honestly? Having gotten used to one clip, I couldn't go back to two.

I know N82 makes a line of non-rigid holsters for revolvers, if your Smith is one of those... Never tried them, though.

They don’t. My interest in alien gear came when I could get a holster and just swap out the shells and use it for my Glock 19 or my Smith 3913.

I am seeing mixed reviews here. Same I see on other sites. Some people love them and some hate them.

I have a few and I use one for my EDC. I find them to be comfortable and they balance well. That said, I also have a few Vedder holsters that have two clips and feel like they’re better quality. I also have a few Vedder carbon holsters with the claw and like those too.

I personally don’t own one but my fathers got one he likes but personally I wouldn’t buy one based on playing with it. If looking for a hybrid look at black arch. They are pricey but they have a 3/4 kydex mold which encapsulates entire trigger guard so will never lose tension. I like the hybrid as it’s a little more comfortable compared to just full kydex. I also have a Tulster which is great quality but I always find myself going for the black arch for comfort.

They don’t. My interest in alien gear came when I could get a holster and just swap out the shells and use it for my Glock 19 or my Smith 3913.

I am seeing mixed reviews here. Same I see on other sites. Some people love them and some hate them.
I liked alien gear until I tried a different holster. Hybrids are comfortable but once I tried a decent fully kydex holster I realized it wasn’t even a contest. Quality kydex is very nearly as comfortable but the retention, stiff shape, and versatility of the style are the real selling points.

Have one, don’t use it. Don’t like double clip setup. I bought a Raw-Dog tactical single clip. Works well.

Have one, don’t use it. Don’t like double clip setup.

I don't know if skinny people find 2-clip holsters easy to work with, but they drive me batty. One-clip seems to be enough. I have 2 AG double clip holsters and a Galco King Tuck. They live in my drawer of holsters and never come out. In theory I might use one someday. Maybe.

it has been a long time since i carried strong side, but the two alien gear holsters I had were trash. i think they were called the cloak 2.0 or something along those lines. no thank you.

bravo concealment

well bravo concealment makes very few holsters. their OWB holsters are great value but their IWB torsion thing is straight garbage. despite the claims of their "genius" owner it is not an appendix setup. it's a bastard design that might get by for 3 o'clock which is straight weird.

their IWB clips are excellent. when clips wear out on other holsters I often swap them over to bravo concealment clips.

I have a N82 for my Glock 42 and love it. Sadly they don’t make one for my Smith.

Wasn't familiar with N82 but they look really good. Do you have any trouble with the draw with the grip fully backed by the leather backing? I see they have both styles available for some guns at least, exposed grip and covered grip.

it has been a long time since i carried strong side, but the two alien gear holsters I had were trash. i think they were called the cloak 2.0 or something along those lines. no thank you.

well bravo concealment makes very few holsters. their OWB holsters are great value but their IWB torsion thing is straight garbage. despite the claims of their "genius" owner it is not an appendix setup. it's a bastard design that might get by for 3 o'clock which is straight weird.

their IWB clips are excellent. when clips wear out on other holsters I often swap them over to bravo concealment clips.
Well I disagree. I carry a 43x in there iwb holster. Appendix, It’s very comfortable. But to each there own

Wasn't familiar with N82 but they look really good. Do you have any trouble with the draw with the grip fully backed by the leather backing? I see they have both styles available for some guns at least, exposed grip and covered grip.

I’ve been using N82 for several years now. They’re rock-solid. I’ve never noticed a problem with the full leather, though I’ve had a lot of practice.

The problem some people have with N82 is that you need to twist the gun clockwise, just slightly, to get it out of the holster. Again, practice. There’s nothing difficult about it.

I’ve been using N82 for several years now. They’re rock-solid. I’ve never noticed a problem with the full leather, though I’ve had a lot of practice.

The problem some people have with N82 is that you need to twist the gun clockwise, just slightly, to get it out of the holster. Again, practice. There’s nothing difficult about it.

I was thinking you'd twist it away from your hip but sounds like you twist the grip toward your hip? Maybe that's safer in case it gets pulled by something.

Thanks for the info. I need a G19 holster so might try N82, love the simplistic design and extra retention on a hybrid back.

I was thinking you'd twist it away from your hip but sounds like you twist the grip toward your hip? Maybe that's safer in case it gets pulled by something.

Thanks for the info. I need a G19 holster so might try N82, love the simplistic design and extra retention on a hybrid back.

Yes. Toward. The retention bears on the trigger guard, I think.

Really, I don't notice it much anymore.

Other than the obvious, what's the difference between 1-clip and 2-clip holsters? If 2-clips are useless, why do they make them?

I've only ever tried 1 holster. I bought the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster because it was cheap. I have no complaints other than I had to use Loc-Tite on the hardware threads. They've stopped backing out now.

I use mine at about 5:00 positon. Should I try another holster at this position? I do notice it is kind of bulky. I'm skinny. I like this position because it fits in the small of my back. It's almost invisible when I'm standing up and it's not uncomfortable when I'm sitting. The magazine kind of protrudes through my shirt when I'm bending foward or squatting, looks like a back boner.

In my opinion, two clips distribute the weight better than one, but it also depends on what you’re wearing. In the summer on my personal time or out with people, I’ll probably wear a single clip. It also depends on what you’re carrying and its size/weight.

Back
Top Bottom