Oops ammo disposal ?

Anyone know the legal and proper way of disposing oops ammo? I'm too lazy to use a bullet puller and have 20 years /9.5 lbs of rejected ammo to discard.

ammo1.jpg

DSCN7816.jpg

That's all the oops ammo you have after 20 years?!? I am impressed, sir. I've got an empty paint can with WD-40 that I drop discards in. At some point I'm going to bring them to the range and drop them in the live ammo bucket there. I figure that would be the easiest thing to do.

Some duds, some backward primers, all sorts of reject reasons. Okay, maybe 10 years of rejects (probably find more coffee cans of the stuff). DON'T want to pull components, just safely dispose of them.

That's all the oops ammo you have after 20 years?!? I am impressed, sir. I've got an empty paint can with WD-40 that I drop discards in. At some point I'm going to bring them to the range and drop them in the live ammo bucket there. I figure that would be the easiest thing to do.

So someone else can pull them apart. [laugh2] That's what happens at Harvard IIRC. [wink]

if you just want to get rid of them, maybe theres some way we could meet and i willl take them off your hands....pm me if interested.

I was under the impression you could surrender the ammo to the police.

Marblehead's website states the following:

If you have old ammunition that you wish to turn in, please contact the dispatch center at (781) 631-1212 x 0 and an officer will respond to your home/business.

I'm not sure if that is the best option but it is an option.

I was under the impression you could surrender the ammo to the police.

Marblehead's website states the following:

If you have old ammunition that you wish to turn in, please contact the dispatch center at (781) 631-1212 x 0 and an officer will respond to your home/business.

I'm not sure if that is the best option but it is an option.

I wouldn't do that. They may go and try and shoot it.

I know using a inertia bullet puller is a PITA. Someone showed me a quicker way to pull bullets. Use a single stage press with the proper shell holder, no die in it. Chuck the bullet, run it up thru the open hole ang grab it with a pair of tile nippers held straight up. Push the press handle down while letting the nipper jaws set on the top of the press. Voila, bullet pulled out. This WILL put pull marks on the sides of the bullets but I just melt em back down and recast them. And you can re-use the brass, 'specially the .44 mag and spec and .45 colt and other scarce brass.

No more twisting, rubber banded holder and smacking the crap out of the inertia puller!

I save my boo-boos for the Summer time when I go up to my cousins camp in Colebrook. We all get drunk around the campfire and then I toss a handful into the hot coals and make a run for it. Oh it's funny as hell to watch my cousins running and screaming and diving for cover........[smile]

Back
Top Bottom