oooooooooops!

haha yes...its been my email account forever and when i first signed up for gunbroker a few years ago it was easy to remember

not what you think though...has nothing to do with canabis...i SWEAR

Last edited:
ever place a bid on an item you kinda wanted...never thinking you would actually win the auction???

i just did

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=72081741

so ummm...did i get a good deal??? haha

Good luck with the soon to be new toy, Matty [wink]

I did that before, but realized close to the end of the auction...It would've been a BIG mistake...

When eBay was still pretty new back in 1999, a buddy and I thought it'd be funny to place a bid on a new Ferrari...We bid $200,000 on it, so we thought. We figured we'd be outbid, so it wasn't a big deal...Wellllll..., when the bidding was at $235,000 or so, and we were still the high bidder, we checked our bid. We submitted a $2,000,000 bid by accident!...We added an extra zero. We had to cancel the bid and explain that the extra zero was an accident, and we only meant to bid $200,000. Oops [rolleyes]

That will be sweet Matty - There are US made RPK stocks, (I know Arsenal uses them). Do a search and you should find them. I've fired the Arsenal version with the Steyr barrel and it was the most accurate AK-variant I have ever fired. Find yourself some drums and you should be GTG - congrats!

Did the EXACT same thing two weeks ago and there is now a R6600 Sporter in my safe. Never thought it would go for what I bid as it was new in box. The wife does not believe it was an accident.

Yeah, you need to be careful about those new fangled "more deadly" stocks. A bit like those stripes I added to my car the other day that make it go faster. [rolleyes]

login...do you know which parts would be easiest to come by???

would a US made bipod count? how about a us pistol grip?

A bipod doesn't count...

The 16 countable parts of an AK rifle. No more than 10 of these parts may be imported.

(1) Receiver
(2) Barrel
(3) Trunnion
(4) Muzzle attachments(flash hiders, brakes, barrel extensions, barrel nuts)
(5) Bolt
(6) Bolt carrier
(7) Gas piston
(8) Trigger
(9) Hammer
(10) Disconnecter
(11) Buttstock
(12) Pistol grip
(13) Forearm handguards
(14) Magazine body
(15) Follower
(16) Floorplate

The bold parts are the most commonly available U.S. manufactured parts.

On a typical stamped receiver rifle you need to replace 5 parts with no muzzle attachment and 6 parts with a muzzle attachment.

On a typical milled receiver rifle you need to replace 4 parts with no muzzle attachment and 5 parts with a muzzle attachment, because there isn't a barrel trunion, it is part of the receiver.

When building an AK pistol, these regulations do not apply. You can not have a stock or forward pistol grip on a pistol.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=80

I don't know which of the 5 US manufactured parts are in your NHM-91, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say the buttstock, handguards, hammer, disconnecter and trigger (and/or gas piston).

US manufactured 922r compliance parts are usually marked (even though there's no legal requirement to do so).

If you wanted to there's a couple of ways that I can think of to do it (assuming that the 5 current US parts in your NHM-91 are the stock, handguards, trigger, disconnecter and hammer).

One way... Install the K-Var buttstock and handguards and replace the pistol grip and gas piston (or floorplates), with US manufactured ones.

(overly anal technicality... if you use US made floorplates, the mag has to be kept inserted in the rifle in order to comply with the 5 parts rule).

I know it sounds like more trouble (and expense), than it's probably worth, but if you want a particular set-up and still remain legal, that's what you have to do... stupid law.

Oh yeah... from reading the link I posted earlier, you'll also have to buy a standard length pistol grip screw.

Last edited:
Uh... is there a REASON for all of this Mickey Mouse bull$hit? Other than following a stupid law, that is. I was wondering WHY said stupid law is in place... and what they were thinking when it was written (other than to bolster up the US firearms manufacturers, that is).

Uh... is there a REASON for all of this Mickey Mouse bull$hit? Other than following a stupid law, that is. I was wondering WHY said stupid law is in place... and what they were thinking when it was written (other than to bolster up the US firearms manufacturers, that is).

ross i was thinking the same thing...unless the stock says on it made in russia...who the hell would know????

i dont think my ak pistol grip from tapco says made in america on it...

Well, it depends. For example, I would bet most laminated AK stock sets come from Russia. It is far easier to determine where a piece of wood came from. If for example your stock set was made with some sort of tree that is predominant in Russia, it would probably be enough for a DA to go after you.

+1 to that!

Well, it depends. For example, I would bet most laminated AK stock sets come from Russia. It is far easier to determine where a piece of wood came from. If for example your stock set was made with some sort of tree that is predominant in Russia, it would probably be enough for a DA to go after you.

But what if the stock was carved here out of imported russian wood? Then
wouldn't it still have been "manufactured" here? [laugh]

922R is by far the dumbest section of federal gun law in existence... partially
because its almost completely unenforceable, and otherwise because it makes
basically no sense. Basically it says "you can have this gun configuration
that we think is "bad" as long as its made out of US parts!" [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom