Ongoing shooting spree in Munich, Germany mall

No tactical flip flops or boat shoes? Do these Krauts even know how to casually operate? /sarc
No different than this soldier, a call to arms is a call to arms.

8d0773c6738a81a409c24c5ea182a285.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Shooter in Munich was an 18 year old German of Iranian heritage, lived in Munich for more than 2 years.

lived in germany for many many years, it's nearly impossible to own a handgun for a german citizen. and extremely difficult to get approved for a bolt action long gun.

( yes i know your post was meant to be sarcastic )
Bullshit. You need to be a member of a club, take classes, shoot a "Nachweis" and apply for an FID. You can have it in less than 3 months. Another way is to get your hunting license, which entitles you to two handguns and long guns as many as you can afford. You personally couldn't get one most likely because you're not a citizen of a EU country.

lived in germany for many many years, it's nearly impossible to own a handgun for a german citizen. and extremely difficult to get approved for a bolt action long gun.

( yes i know your post was meant to be sarcastic )

Not exactly true.
There are some MA style hoops, but doable.

- - - Updated - - -

They can't even own pellet guns that produce more than 7.5J of muzzle energy...talk about FD up!

They can! Ask me how I know[laugh]

http://www.dw.com/en/berlin-mulls-how-to-further-strengthen-gun-laws-after-munich-attack/a-19423692

In the wake of the shooting in Munich that left nine people and the gunman dead, German leaders on Sunday were already preparing talks on stricter gun control.
Both ruling parties, the center-right Christian Democrats (CDU) of Chancellor Angela Merkel and the center-left Social Democrats (SPD), agreed that more stringent laws were necessary to prevent copycat attacks.
Strict gun statutes
Although they are usually kept out of sight, Germans do not necessarily shy away from guns. Indeed, the country has the fourth-highest gun ownership per capita in the world. But weapon ownership is considered a privilege, not a right, and a firearms license is only granted after an individual has met numerous stringent criteria, including expert knowledge (usually gained by attending a months-long course), and necessity - under which rule self-defense is not considered good enough reason.
There are three levels of gun permits in Germany: for competitive shooting, hunting, and for experts and collectors whose purchases must be individually submitted for approval.
Investigators have revealed that the 18-year-old German-Iranian man who committed the attack on a Munich shopping center was known to suffer from depression and said in a YouTube video that he had received in-patient psychiatric treatment. This means he would not have passed the psychological exam and "personal adequacy" provision needed for a gun license.

Last edited:
German police arrested today 15 years old "boy" in Ludwigsburg. He was preparing another attack. His home was loaded with explosives. He was in contact with the attacker from Munich. "Boy" confessed that he was preparing the attack, but "he has changed his mind in the last minute".

Back
Top Bottom