Old shell casing found at Bellingham High School prompts early dismissal

My daughter got a couple of 22lr casings stuck in the sole of her boots that she wore to school. I remembering saying “thank goodness I found them before they fell out at school”

Officials dismissed the students at 9 a.m. as authorities conducted a full sweep of the high school and its grounds, according to a letter sent to parents from Principal Megan Lafayette.

Students were asked to leave their backpacks at school.

1) "asked"
2) presumably so they could be searched.

Schools really don't believe in any rights for students.

Officials dismissed the students at 9 a.m. as authorities conducted a full sweep of the high school and its grounds, according to a letter sent to parents from Principal Megan Lafayette.

1) "asked"

I'm curious about the "asked" as well. Sounds like an illegal search to me.

1) "asked"

You have no rights to privacy at school. Period. End of conversation. Since day 1.

OK, maybe not NO rights. But you have severely limited rights as the "greater good" of the entire student body outweighs your ability to keep a Glock-Foh-Tee concealed in her saggy-ass pants.

Although this sort of goes a bit far with EVERYONE leaving stuff at school. The flip side is that they are worried SOMEONE has something that could harm the students on a bus. Now, WE all know that ammo doesn't just "go off." But these are clueless morons. I'll be interested if they DO decide to search. Because I'm betting even in mASS, that'll get kicked faster than you can shake a stick. Hell, I think the ACLU will even step up on that one.

The ridiculous laws need to be repealed. Such bullsh!t will be the norm now.

We used to find the kids from the Longview Farm smashing live ammo from the dud box regularly when I was a member at a club. I am certain they left with lots of brass too.

End the madness!

Back in 80 or 81, we had Field Day at EASTON Middle School. Gym teacher had a blank pistol for running races. It was a fight for the kids to get a spent shell. No one died.

1) "asked"

One of my coworker's kids go to that school. She was talking about it today. The kids were told to leave their backpacks there but they could take anything they wanted out of them to bring home.

So, if I am a kid, I'm like, "Hmm, drop a shell casing in the hall and get the rest of the day off". Off to the local range if I am that kid to pick up a few hundred "old" shell casings.

What a bunch of idiots. I can't even imagine what will trigger these morons to freak out and send everybody home ten years from now. I'm going with a straw on the floor.

My daughter got a couple of 22lr casings stuck in the sole of her boots that she wore to school. I remembering saying “thank goodness I found them before they fell out at school”
When we take our daughters to the range, we bring a certain amount of ammo and account for every round. 100 rounds of .22LR fired, 100 spent .22LR cases in the trash bin. Zero chance of a live round or spent piece of brass being carried to school, intentionally or not.

Back
Top Bottom