• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old preban metal AR-15 magazine covers

CAESAR

NES Member
I know that in this state there is a lot of experience with those.
There are magpul covers but these only work with magpul mags. You cant have those in this state so what you use with the metal colt preban mags?

Thanks

Britney Spears What GIF
\

when go time comes, think of it as one less step, you don't have to pop your pmag.

Never heard of magazine covers for USGI 5.56 mags.
What you could do to keep them happy is but a group of them into a plastic box.
You can also store them in a mag pouch or mag carrier.

You can even make your own cover out of a condom or a zip lock bag with some tape.

Don't over think this.

Are you talking about the rubber ‘mag pull’ loops that go on non magpul mags? They’re made by magpul and are just parts.

If you’re trying to prevent dust/debris from getting into mags that you’re storing.. someone mentioned ziploc bags. Gallon size would work, and I agree you’re over thinking how to keep dust out. But.. if you want a better looking way to do it, this is the route I went. 25-26 bucks to store up to 15 full size 30 rounders. And yes, it’s wide enough to lay them sideways in between the rows so you could technically fit up to 18 per canister.

231C6851-8EB5-48BF-A459-F02E2530E414.jpeg

Most of the smart ass experts here are clueless of why you need what I am asking. Its not for dust geniuses.... its for mag lips preservation so you dont get issues when in use.
The odds of screwing up the feed lips on a metal GI mag are slim to none unless you drop it loaded, lips first from about head height on a concrete surface and it hits just right.....you might get a dent. That's what pliers or a multi tool are for.

I've got a bunch of metal GI mags that have been loaded for 27 years and every once in a while I'll pull a few out and use them (shoot the ammo and reload them). No issues with leaving them loaded with 30rds. The lips don't move.

So you are concerned that storing the "metal" AR mags loaded the feed lips will spread the way it could happen with a polymer mag? Those colt style GI mags have been around a long long time, If this was a problem they would have a solution for it..... the fact you can't find one may say something

The odds of screwing up the feed lips on a metal GI mag are slim to none unless you drop it loaded, lips first from about head height on a concrete surface and it hits just right.....you might get a dent. That's what pliers or a multi tool are for.

I've got a bunch of metal GI mags that have been loaded for 27 years and every once in a while I'll pull a few out and use them (shoot the ammo and reload them). No issues with leaving them loaded with 30rds. The lips don't move.
Finally! Thank you sir!

Most of the smart ass experts here are clueless of why you need what I am asking. Its not for dust geniuses.... its for mag lips preservation so you dont get issues when in use.

You could have said exactly why in the first place... We would have been more inclined not to mess with you, prob not, but a solid maybe...

Back
Top Bottom