Okay I had to pick up the savage M11 .308 and here it is!

Hey guys I want to setup a nice rifle for a tactical/varmint rifle. I got a place that has a Savage arms M 11 in .308 now these are not bull barrel rifles and I have always been a big fan of having a heavy barrel on a rifle that is going to see some rounds put down range. What do you guys think? I can get the M11 used for $325 with no scope. Below is a photo I got off line the shop that has the rifle didn't say if it had iron sights on it but I am going to guess it does. If so I will take them off for a clean look and add a scope, the only turn off is no bull barrel.

Okay I had to go pick it up today got it for $300 but had to get mounts and rings which was like $40 and had a okay BSA target laying around 6-24-40. Savage M11 .308

Savage-1.jpg

Savage-2.jpg

Savage-4.jpg

Savage.jpg

savage-3.jpg

Last edited:
You can always get a new barrel. The Savage is about the easiest bolt rifle to change barrels on. You can sell the old one on the board or e-bay.

B

At the price of .308 ammo these days, I don't see you melting the barrel with too many shots downrange.

That barrel will shoot better than you or I ever will. I have a very similar Savage, pre-accu trigger, in .308 that I just love. It does a great job, and for $325, how can you go wrong.

At the price of .308 ammo these days, I don't see you melting the barrel with too many shots downrange.

That barrel will shoot better than you or I ever will. I have a very similar Savage, pre-accu trigger, in .308 that I just love. It does a great job, and for $325, how can you go wrong.

I agree on the price however on the barrel I am not to sure. I have a lot of 308 NATO and I also reload. The bull barrel takes longer to heat up then the hunting barrel.

You know the deal, if you had to have it. We are all like kids in a toy store when it comes to firearm.

Back
Top Bottom