Ok, which one of you was it?

"...did not have proper licensing to legally possess a large capacity firearm or large capacity feeding device, and had been operating a large capacity pistol when the incident occurred."

"After an initial investigation, police learned that Limerick did not have proper licensing to legally possess a large capacity firearm or large capacity feeding device, and had been operating a large capacity pistol when the incident occurred."

So where do I apply for these large capacity feeding device and large capacity pistol licenses?

Maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but why is it that cops / prosecutors / DA's / AG's get a free pass on making shit up so long as the subject is firearms violations? Making crap up for any other type of violation is normally dismissed as absurd by Joe Public.

.....................Maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but why is it that cops / prosecutors / DA's / AG's get a free pass on making shit up so long as the subject is firearms violations? Making crap up for any other type of violation is normally dismissed as absurd by Joe Public.

Because there are too many laws for them to know.

Some laws are intentionally made vague, ambiguous, and difficult to interpret. That way the .gov can interpret them any way they want in their favor and force you to prove otherwise.

Because there are too many laws for them to know.

I'll agree with that. Puts a lot of burden on the local LEO to make a judgement call if it's tough to stay on point for so many laws. OK, it's their job but there's a lot of muddy water now after Mauron's manifesto was released.

On the flip side, besides NES regulars, I bet there are a lot of FID and LTC holders that don't fully understand the Mass differences between legal storage means and legal transport means. I have this conversation with gun owners all the time, and some confusion is the norm. Storage is usually the part where they get it wrong, assuming a locked case, no trigger lock is an OK alternative.

Wow this happened at Havard Sportsman’s Club last November. Surprised I never heard about this since I shoot IDPA/USPSA matches there.

Keep your damn finger off the trigger when drawing. JFC.

So much fail in this thread. Those of you bitching about them making up laws are the only ones who don't actually know the law.

Section 131

(b) A Class B license shall entitle a holder thereof to purchase, rent, lease, borrow, possess and carry: (i) non-large capacity firearms and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes, subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of such firearm as the licensing authority deems proper; provided, however, that a Class B license shall not entitle the holder thereof to carry or possess a loaded firearm in a concealed manner in any public way or place; and provided further, that a Class B license shall not entitle the holder thereof to possess a large capacity firearm, except under a Class A club license issued under this section or under the direct supervision of a holder of a valid Class A license at an incorporated shooting club or licensed shooting range; and (ii) rifles and shotguns, including large capacity rifles and shotguns, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes; provided, however, that the licensing authority may impose such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of large capacity rifles and shotguns as he deems proper. A violation of a restriction provided under this paragraph, or a restriction imposed by the licensing authority under the provisions of this paragraph, shall be cause for suspension or revocation and shall, unless otherwise provided, be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000; provided, however, that the provisions of section 10 of chapter 269 shall not apply to such violation.

They changed the law in 2014 but those licenses won't be phased out until 2021.

GOAL said:
Class A and Class B LTC Differences.

Please note: The passing of Chapter 284 in August of 2014 brought an end to Class B LTC's. They will no longer be issued and will be completely phased out by 2021. MA licensing authorities will issue Class A LTC's in their place.

So, does the mere posession of the "large capacity" feeding device turn the Glock into a "large capacity" firearm, or did the gun have the"large capacity" feeding device in it?

Poor guy..its definitely and epic fail shooting yourself.
It seems alittle like blameing a rape victim.
Im not sure if id rather shoot myself or go to court.
Both is too much.

So, does the mere posession of the "large capacity" feeding device turn the Glock into a "large capacity" firearm, or did the gun have the"large capacity" feeding device in it?

Any gun capable of accepting a mag with a capacity greater than 10 rounds is a large capacity firearm in MA. So his possession of the mag doesn't make it a LC gun. The fact that the gun will accept the mag does.

They forgot to charge him with owning a Glock...it's been proven to be unsafe for non LEO's in MA ;-)

An ND is an ND...if it occurs in MA, you *are* going to be in for a world of hurt.

Titles like this are embarrassing. While it is pointing out that someone will pay dearly for, both physically and financially,
The odds of hitting megabucks are about the same as a member of the board being that guy. Leave the board out of it unless you know who it is and out the guy. And grow up.

Back
Top Bottom