Ok, its time... Show me your SKS types

SKS Ray

NES Member
I had to start this eventually and I know I've corrupted many of you.

So lets see them.

FWIW I'll be chiming in with pics as I find them. Here are a few for now.

A recent pic, 1950 and 1956 Tulas:

bookends2.jpg

A 1978 all matching Albanian:

alby.jpg

Code 636 Chinese:

100_0892.jpg

M59 Yugo:

M59a.jpg

Chinese code 26 Navy Arms import "Farmer's Friend" with original case, scope, etc. and a 1958 Romanian:

100_0486.jpg

Got both of these the same day including the Romanian ammo![smile]

All matching 4 digit code 26 Sino Soviet turned paratrooper:

100_0443.jpg

Stock is un-numbered but still has the blade bayonet cut out and a short spike attached for paratrooper config. CAI monkey gunsmiths or Norinco? Who knows.[rolleyes]

Yugo 59/66 stock carved parts gun. Finally got this one to function after a new gas valve, now it awaits the ladder sights for the GL:

100_0432.jpg

One very mint Cherry's import Yugo 59/66 with a hell of a nicely grained Elm stock before cleaning:

YugoNew.jpg

Norinco model D:

sporter-1.jpg

Well thats enough for now. I'm tired and my wife wants her computer back. I'll continue this maybe tomorrow if I get my new vid card installed on my computer.

Mmmmm I love when milsurps4me shows off his SKSs. They make me all warm and tingly inside....

attachment.php

Dont know much about it other than its a Norinco, the stock is mint, and when I saw it a few months ago for $199 at a local shop I couldn't leave it behind. Since then I have put several hundred rounds through it, cleaned it once, and there hasn't been one hic-up. Really fun gun to shoot, everyone should have one (or 20 if your Ray).

Attachments

• sks.jpg
    sks.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 521
I've got one Yugo M59/66. Very good shape. (in NRA terms)

Not even worth posting a pic though, as it will be anti-climactic after M4M showed some of his beauties! [smile][wink]

Here are some of mine

Stamped receiver Chinese

DSC07422.jpg

Romanian

DSC06187.jpg

A nice mint Yugo

DSC05419.jpg

Couple of ones that that AK mags

DSC00725.jpg

Albanian and Russian

DSC00723.jpg

Chinese Bring back (that's what I was told) and Yugo

DSC00722.jpg

Sinco Sovit and nice Chinese

DSC00717.jpg

I think that's it for now

Here is my Norinco. I bought it about 5 years ago before I knew any better. I bought it for under $200 and removed the furniture. It is cool looking and shoots great. I just wish it did it with a Yugo or Romanian. Oh well, I'll never do that again (I still have the furniture, though)

SKS.jpg

Thumbhole sporter like the ones set up to take AK mags or a conversion like my Norinco project with Choate stock?

SKSproject.jpg

That's a good question. I'm not sure. I know the stock looks like this:
PIC-0188.jpg

I was TOLD it's a Dragunov stock, but I do not know what type. Long story as to why I have JUST an SKS stock. [rolleyes]

Sorry for getting a little off topic.

Thats an ATI stock in your pic. Its an ok stock, but not as high end as the Choate model. I researched a lot on different variants before choosing Choate.
The Choate model has a shim that fits in the back that you need to file until its snug enough to tap in with a hammer. Adding one to one of my most accurate Norinco SKS rifles actually tightened up my groups significantly.
I plan on drilling and tapping the receiver for a Choate drill and tap mount and have a scope already in mind. I just need to get off my ass and finish this project. [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom