• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ok, it's Airsoft, but related....

North shore guys- anywhere in the region to play? Feel like airsoft is a reasonable way to have some fun while honing your skills.

A good one feels almost exactly like the real thing. I can think of a lot of drills you could do in your house that would be beneficial. Low and high ready drills, pie slicing, peek and light. You won't have muzzle flash or recoil but all handling drills are going to help.

One really helpful skill I picked up from paintball is left hand shooting. I'm super comfortable changing hands and eye with pistol or long gun. I was always ambidextrous but paintball forced me to develop that skill to where it came automatically. Huge advantage in paintball or airsoft. Shoot conventionally from right side of the bunker, duck and pretend to reload as bait. People often run up to your weak side, so switch hands and start slicing the pie to the left. I've caught so many people in the open like that.
If I recall correctly there was a member here who trained in his basement with a bb gun, not sure if airsoft or metal BB but came out the next season and did markedly better than the prior year. I think k it was @Roscoe but don't hold me to that. I would love to find a G19 green gas gun.

When I was active in IPSC I trained at home with a bb gun that was the model as my M&P. I build a drill range with landscaper stakes and square metal electrical plates, screwed loosely so they would ring when it. I did right to left drills, and up down diagonal drills. I made sure the cartridge stayed fresh so that the bbs were flying straight. This dramatically helped my sight accuracy, and muscle memory for handing the gun. I also used my cel phone to play the start tone at short intervals to trigger the drill run. It helped a lot. In the winter undid this in my basement and garage too (I’m still finding bbs).

The down side was the trigger wasn’t the same as my real comp gun. So I had to run 50-100 rounds at the plate rack before the competition to get used to it again, but the sight picture was the same.

It was a great cheap way to practice at home.

North shore guys- anywhere in the region to play? Feel like airsoft is a reasonable way to have some fun while honing your skills.

Feel Good Farms in Lyndeborough, NH is good and cheap. In exchange for a $40 day playing war games you have to deal with a home-grown "field" of play. The owner basically has a giant chunk of land that he allowed someone to build simple structures on then filled spaces with random cars, airplane parts, old busses and campers, etc. Like playing in a junk yard. Working through scrub bushes with few clear fields of fire. Check out the vibe on FB. It's fine if you aren't expecting a premium experience but the laid back atmosphere means you can play any way you want and there are rarely killer teams there to spoil the day for the amateurs.

Feel Good Farms in Lyndeborough, NH is good and cheap. In exchange for a $40 day playing war games you have to deal with a home-grown "field" of play. The owner basically has a giant chunk of land that he allowed someone to build simple structures on then filled spaces with random cars, airplane parts, old busses and campers, etc. Like playing in a junk yard. Working through scrub bushes with few clear fields of fire. Check out the vibe on FB. It's fine if you aren't expecting a premium experience but the laid back atmosphere means you can play any way you want and there are rarely killer teams there to spoil the day for the amateurs.

Video from the NES meet there.

View: https://youtu.be/RBVJd0o_Qdo?si=VAO_HQtCyOO6OmSl

Let's use revolvers and wax bullets. No powder.
Bullet is seated by hand.

I am IN on that.

If you can deal with the horrible propane rotten egg smell, you can use propane as propellant instead of green gas to save on cost. Personally, not worth it.

If you can deal with the horrible propane rotten egg smell, you can use propane as propellant instead of green gas to save on cost. Personally, not worth it.
Carry a propane tank backpack hooked up to the pistol. That would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom