OK, here's mine

First, my SIG226:
1.JPG

It's just like all the other 226's you've seen, but there is one important difference: this one is mine [smile].

Next is my Ruger MkII without the scope attached:
2.JPG

Now, get ready for the surprise. The Ruger looks VERY different with the scope mounted:
3.JPG

OK, so you've figured out I didn't get the scope on the Ruger. I found this Target Buckmark at Four Season's. Once I held it and tried the trigger I had to have it. It came home with me today!

Here's the Buckmark without the scope and the sight hoods installed:
4.JPG

Range Report

[smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile]

OK, I have to say I LOVE this Buckmark. From bench rest I was getting sub-dime size groups at 50 ft with CCI standard velocity. I'm sure the only reason it wasn't a single .22 sized hole is because I'm not that steady.

After sighting in, I was shooting high 80's WITH EVERY SHOT IN THE BLACK on the slow fire target. Every succesive target yielded a slightly smaller group as I became more comfortable shooting this gem.

This is a big deal for me. With my ruger I'd shoot ~80 with 2-3 shots out of the black.

The trigger on this thing is great. It's the first pistol I've shot where I've been able to truely surprise myself with the shot.

Just like the one from Colorado we both posted about in the Classifieds: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11746[smile]

If you can find one, I'd recommend it.

One funy thing: The bauckmark uses the grips to hold some compenents in place, so if you take the grips off be carefull because parts WILL fall out! You should have seen the look on my face![shocked]

It took me a little while to figure it out, but I got everything back in place eventually! (one part I cound on the floor after I had put everything back together, or so I thought!)

The target version (which this is) has an adjustment for trigger tension, adjustable from2.5-3.5lbs.

Nice! I've been using a Buckmark for Bullseye competition in the Twin County League (Plymouth and Bristol counties) for a couple of years and really like it. Best trigger of the few .22 pistols that I have had the chance to try so far.

109054247-M.jpg

Nice! I've been using a Buckmark for Bullseye competition in the Twin County League (Plymouth and Bristol counties) for a couple of years and really like it. Best trigger of the few .22 pistols that I have had the chance to try so far.

109054247-M.jpg

Boy, those grips are nice! Were they on there from the factory? I've been thinking about getting some new ones or making some with a palm shelf.

No doubt this pistol shoots better than me. I agree with you about the trigger, though it doesn't adjust down as far as the manual says. Mine is at ~3.2 lbs. It is supposed to go down to 2.5lbs. I haven't worked out why it won't go there yet.

Matt

Boy, those grips are nice! Were they on there from the factory? I've been thinking about getting some new ones or making some with a palm shelf.

No doubt this pistol shoots better than me. I agree with you about the trigger, though it doesn't adjust down as far as the manual says. Mine is at ~3.2 lbs. It is supposed to go down to 2.5lbs. I haven't worked out why it won't go there yet.

Matt

Thanks! They are nothing more than Browning Buckmark target rosewood grips. Available from Brownell's. These happen to be left-handed.

I haven't measured my trigger, but it is pretty light. Also have no idea how many rounds have been put through it, and that may be a factor.

Bob

109054247-M.jpg

Very purdy. Me like

Back
Top Bottom