OH - Store Owner Shoots Hostage Taking Robber

A store owner at the Allied Music of Ohio in South Toledo shot a man Friday after the suspect held a gun to a clerk’s head, police said.

Toledo police early Friday afternoon responded to the store at 2027 South Byrne Road near Heatherdowns Boulevard on a report of an attempted robbery and a person shot.

Sgt. Phil Toney said the suspect entered the store asking about getting a job there. He left but returned a few minutes later and allegedly held a gun to the clerk’s head. As the suspect led the clerk to a back room, the clerk called out “I need help” and a co-owner, Eric Bilger, appeared with a gun.

Full article HERE

Toledo police say 30-year-old Steve James was shot when he attempted to rob Allied Music store on Byrne Road and Heatherdowns Blvd. in south Toledo just before 12:30 p.m. Friday.

According to police, James had a gun as did store owner Eric Bilger. As James fled, Bilger shot at him, hitting him twice. Officers say James ran out of the store, dumped his gun and collapsed in a Burger King parking lot next door.

Mark Bilger, who co-owns Allied Music with his brother, says Eric called him moments after the shooting. "The guy came in, waved a gun, put it to our employees head, and took him back to my brother's office," said Mark. "The employee used a very nervous voice to talk to my brother, and said, 'Eric, I need help out here.' Eric said he knew his voice didn't sound right."

Mark says his brother, who has a concealed carry permit, went in the store with his gun to see what was going on. He explains what his brother saw, "The guy came right to the door at that point with the gun at our employee's head. When he saw my brother had a gun, he shot at him first. My brother shot back."

Full article HERE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom