Official AK vs AR pic thread

SKS Ray

NES Member
100_1085.jpg

My born again Polytech Mak90 and my father's pre ban Colt.

BTW... I'm looking for a vintage triangle handguard for my dad's AR because he wants it to look the same as when he carried it in Vietnam. PM me for offers/links.

Last edited:
Nice, looks good. Ask EddieCoyle about the hand guards. I think he found a source a while back and put out a group buy feeler that never went anywhere. HERE is the thread.

I like this idea. My problem is that I've got more AR's than AK's, so I'm cheating and doing an AR vs. SKS as well.

Vietnam era match up with CAR-15 and M1956 webgear and Tiger Stripe boonie. Matched with Cinese folding stock Ak, with 1968 dated chest pouch and vietnamese boonie.
T-Ball009.jpg

individual shots:

T-Ball011.jpg

T-Ball013.jpg

Early Vietnam: Colt 602 clone with BAR webgear. Matched with Chinese SKS.
T-Ball017.jpg

T-Ball016.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

I was going to post some pics but Ranger's are a thing of beauty. He even has the original Stoner AR-15 flash hider and not the A1 birdcage. My only complaint is the AK is an underfolder (not in heavy use in viet nam) but that is a small complaint.

Bringing the match-up a little more up to date, late 80's/early 90's when the wife and I were stationed in Germany:
Here's a Colt AR15A2 Government model vs. a Romanian Intract MK II. This represents the M16A2 vs. East German AK74

A2vs74.jpg

Took the liberty of snapping a few of the opposing sidearms of the time:
Colt 1911A1 and Bulgarian Makarov
1911vsMakarov.jpg

Beretta 92 vs Czech CZ75 (purchased in Hanau Germany in 1988)

arvsak013.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Nice comparison! Ranger, you have some great stuff! I sold my Bulgy (don't miss it) and my Beretta (wish I didn't). But I'll never get rid of my Colt 1911!

Thanks for the pics.

Back
Top Bottom