Official 1911 Pic Thread...

7977030634_4a556cf953.jpg

Jesus, this was your first gun purchase?! I am jealous, though you have seriously screwed over any subsequent purchases - you set the bar on the roof right out the gate. Nice work.

Jesus, this was your first gun purchase?! I am jealous, though you have seriously screwed over any subsequent purchases - you set the bar on the roof right out the gate. Nice work.

I've shot it over the years every so often, bought off of somebody I knew. But yeah, first one so I'm pretty excited! Thanks :)

This thread has seriously made me change my mind on my first handgun purchase. Is it wrong to be a little bit turn on by those pics? If so, then I don't want to be right.

This thread has seriously made me change my mind on my first handgun purchase. Is it wrong to be a little bit turn on by those pics? If so, then I don't want to be right.

The 1911 is a really nice gun, but not ideal as a first purchase. You want to be able to shoot it a lot and shoot effectively. The 1911 is a sweet shooter but expensive to feed. If you have a lot of disposable income then sure go for it. But I'd stick with a .22 handgun or rifle, or if you need a big caliber for SD, go with a 9mm.

The 1911 is a really nice gun, but not ideal as a first purchase. You want to be able to shoot it a lot and shoot effectively. The 1911 is a sweet shooter but expensive to feed. If you have a lot of disposable income then sure go for it. But I'd stick with a .22 handgun or rifle, or if you need a big caliber for SD, go with a 9mm.

Then why not a 1911 in .22LR or 9mm?

I used to call myself a purist when it came to the 1911 but then I realized I was being stupid. The only reason I proclaimed that was because I like all milspec features. None of my guns have beavertail grip safeties, extended slide stops, extended or ambi thumb safeties, forward serrations, rails etc...

To be a real purist I guess you could only collect WWI and WWII USGI guns and Colts. I don't own any 1911's that aren't .45 but I wouldn't turn my nose up to someone that had a 9mm. Supermoto would certainly blow me out of the water when it comes to knowledge and skill with a 1911 and he's probably got individual race guns that are worth more than my entire collection. Nothing wrong with a 1911 chambered in 9mm, it's just not my preference. That's what my Glock 19 is for.

My only 1911. Set up for CMP matches:
95EC8A36-1869-4F40-8E39-852E5F50381D-5594-000006AFA914DB79.jpg

I don't know much about it other than it's built with a Caspian "National Match" frame and slide. Barrel and bushing are from Kart. It's very tight and was supposedly originally built by a Navy team armorer. (Don't know who or when.) It shoots a lot better than I do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom