October HSC Rifle Match (per request of TheRoland)

I think 250 is a good starting point. A few misses (I'm good at that) and a re-shoot can eat up a lot of ammo. I plan on 300 rds just to be safe.

By the power vested in me by my sore feet and a malfunction on stage 2, I now declare this thread the "October HSC Rifle Match" thread. A really fun match; can't wait for results.

This match was awesome. Thanks so much to the staff for putting it on. It's definitely more work than a pistol match but it's so much fun.

Here's a video of me on Stage 1. Lots of rounds!

ETA: Thanks to Dirtypacman for taking the video

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great match today. I had so much fun. Please please please, schedule more rifle matches into the year!

Thanks for the Harvard crew's hard work.

Awesome match again this year!! Thank you Harvard! I figured I would be in shape by the end of the season but man are my legs sore...

I had an awesome time as always. Plenty of hard work goes into making these matches happen and I appreciate all of it. I was by no means competitive with others but had just as much fun for sure.

A great time tossing projectiles in a downrange direction. Shot with some old friends and newer friends too. Mrs Supermoto did well for her rifle debut, and it's always good to see them make the trip from Long Island.

Amazingly fun match plus I got to practice ROing. I started to get exhausted after stage 6 though. Thanks to Gary, the organizers, and HSC. You put on awesome matches.

Thank you to EVERYBODY who attended the match. Great squads, great weather, awesome people. Rifle matches always take longer than pistol matches, but you all helped to get 6 stages complete before mid-afternoon. There is nothing better than spending a day with local shooters. Thanks again.

In addition to the match results on the uspsa-ne.org website, individual stage results are available on the uspsa.org website. The following link might even work.
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=2984

That is an awesome pic - you should put it up on the HSC forum - not much in the way of photos there.

Captured this off my video

Awesome image! Perhaps the trail is not visible until it is out of the sunlight?

Here is one I captured. A real burner...

FlameThrower.jpg

Last edited:
YOu can see the round streak down range on the 2nd stage, but no fireball. Some of my rounds were coated with black sharpie, so that might have been it

YOu can see the round streak down range on the 2nd stage, but no fireball. Some of my rounds were coated with black sharpie, so that might have been it

Wow! That is cool seeing it in motion. It almost looks like smoke/powder just got sucked down range behind the bullet - kind of like a vacuum

Great shooting and awesome video of that trail :)

I am working towards getting better but I am always impressed with how quick and accurate other shooters can be.
Next time get in my squad, I will give you my shooter # and rifle and you can shoot my stage for me :) lol

Back
Top Bottom