OC or not to OC,,,

Medic-554

NES Member
Heading to Kittery this weekend to do some after christmas shopping at the KTP, coming from Ma, so, no concealed carry in truck, leave unloaded on dash in clear view while driving. OC while walking around Kittery Trading Post or secure in lock box in vehicle? that is the question!

I was at KTP over the weekend. You know how many OC'rs I saw? None. I did how ever see a bunch of MA residents scared to acknowledge their own shadows in the gun section, though.

By all means OC, but you will likely get some funny looks from the folks that are barely concealing their biscuits under their tee shirts, because no one would even look twice at you if you hid yours under your tee shirt like everyone else.

I OCd when I was in northern ME for my rafting trip. Id prefer to have CCd but gotta obey dem laws.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

The "on the dashboard, unloaded" thing is apparently a common interpretation of [thread=80027]Maine law[/thread]?

OC while walking around Kittery Trading Post or secure in lock box in vehicle? that is the question!
The staff at KTP see plenty of OC, the only people who will even raise an eyebrow are your fellow MA folk. And maybe a few Canadian tourists, but they'll be too polite to say anything, so no harm, no foul.

Last edited:
Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. I can't make your decisions for you. I hope you aren't also on a fashion forum asking what color pants you should wear...

[wink]

Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. I can't make your decisions for you. I hope you aren't also on a fashion forum asking what color pants you should wear...

[wink]
BWAHAHAHAHA!![rofl][laugh2] that is funny. I was thinking Jake from state farm FDE.

Seriously tho, thanks for the replies and advice. I enjoy CC'ing I personally think that the element of surprise is better then sticking out like a sore thumb, but I do however enjoy having my .gov permission slip saying its ok to own and carry a gun.

Need a little help with no permit non res OCing

A person is guilty of criminal possession of a firearm if the person possesses any firearm on the premises of a licensed establishment for on-premises consumption of liquor and is posted to prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of patrons... (Title 17A Chapter 43 §1057)

Does this include restaurants that serve beer and other alcoholic drinks such as a TGI Fridays or does it mean a place like a bar or club whatnot

Need a little help with no permit non res OCing

A person is guilty of criminal possession of a firearm if the person possesses any firearm on the premises of a licensed establishment for on-premises consumption of liquor and is posted to prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of patrons... (Title 17A Chapter 43 §1057)

Does this include restaurants that serve beer and other alcoholic drinks such as a TGI Fridays or does it mean a place like a bar or club whatnot

If they sell liquor and you can drink it on premises then they are licensed to do so, (it would be safe to assume anyway). If they are licensed and they post, then it is illegal. It does not matter if they serve food or not. When you walk in look for a sign. If not sign, then do not worry about it.

But keep in mind, since you will be OCing, they will see the gun. Since it is private property they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave, you can be charged with criminal trespess.

If you carry into a posted licensed establishment, then you are guilty of a criminal pocession of a firearm whether they say anything or not and whether you are willing to leave or not.

Last edited:
Is it considered OC or CC if you are IWB with the gun outside of your tucked-in shirt? Only half the gun would be showing

Oh so its OK in the liquor place as long as they don't post

Yes. But I am not sure if it is OK to be legally drunk and carrying at the same time. I know it is a bad idea and I do not do it but I am not sure there is specific law against it. I am pretty sure there is not, but perhaps some one else who remembers could chime in.

Is it considered OC or CC if you are IWB with the gun outside of your tucked-in shirt? Only half the gun would be showing

The law says something like it is illegal "to conceal on or about your person's person a firearm" The law does not go into any more detail or specifics. But more to your question, any gun in a holster is only partially seen and the holster blocks the view of most of the gun. That is legal because it is obvious it is a holster. But if you then conceal part of the holster in your waistband but the rest of the gun is clearly visible then it would still be obvious it is a gun. Maine law is not that specific and I am not familiar with case law. IMHO I would say it is not concealed. I am afraid you are most likley not going to get a better answer than that. The safe bet would be to carry with a holster that is not partially concealed then there is no vagueness involved.

Yes. But I am not sure if it is OK to be legally drunk and carrying at the same time. I know it is a bad idea and I do not do it but I am not sure there is specific law against it. I am pretty sure there is not, but perhaps some one else who remembers could chime in.

I don't drink but didn't want to end up in a restaurant it was a case that I couldn't even without being posted

Thanks for clarifying!

Back
Top Bottom