NY Legal Muzzle Devices??

As Recommended ive began to build my own upper. The Ny Law says muzzle break not brake. And the NFA considers some compensators legal(or so ive been told) does anyone know what muzzle devices i could use? If any.

Let me start by saying I could be wrong. My understanding is a NY compliant AR has zero evil features. No bayonet lug, no muzzle devise either flash hider or brake on upper

On the lower you can have a removal mag (of 10 rounds max). But you can NOT have the standard AR hand grip and separate stock. You must use something like Thordsen stock.

Be careful looking at NY compliant rifles. Some look loaded with evil features but fine print is they don't have removable mag or no gas system so aren't ARs

Let me start by saying I could be wrong. My understanding is a NY compliant AR has zero evil features. No bayonet lug, no muzzle devise either flash hider or brake on upper

On the lower you can have a removal mag (of 10 rounds max). But you can NOT have the standard AR hand grip and separate stock. You must use something like Thordsen stock.

Be careful looking at NY compliant rifles. Some look loaded with evil features but fine print is they don't have removable mag or no gas system so aren't ARs
Question.. is this legal? Considered flash hider/ brake?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332402506197

Flash hider or muzzle brake? They're both illegal under the SAFE Act. Per the SAFE Act, no semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, no folding or telescoping stocks, no thumbhole stocks, second hand grip or protruding grip that can be held by non shooting hand, protruding pistol grip, bayonet mount, flash suppressor, muzzle brake, muzzle compensator, threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash supressor, muzzle brake or compensator, or grenade launcher. No fun.

Last edited:
You can have it 2 ways.
" Featureless" Which is no " evil looking features" ( pistol grip, muzzle brake, etc) and allows you to keep the 10 round mag detachable on your semi auto.

The other option is to keep MOST of the fun stuff by permanently attaching the magazine to the rifle, or better described by saying it can't be easily detachable to where you can swap mags in the field. They sell a " bullet buddy" that deletes the mag release trigger, but keeps the inner rod and spring , and you just fill the hole where the trigger was with a little epoxy to cover the push pin. Than, if you ever leave NY, you can remove the epoxy and replace the mag release trigger.
Also, you can have a 30 round mag as long as it is pinned to hold no more than 10 rounds in it.
Good quick side loading device, and a magpull go great with that set up.

You can have it 2 ways.
" Featureless" Which is no " evil looking features" ( pistol grip, muzzle brake, etc) and allows you to keep the 10 round mag detachable on your semi auto.

The other option is to keep MOST of the fun stuff by permanently attaching the magazine to the rifle, or better described by saying it can't be easily detachable to where you can swap mags in the field. They sell a " bullet buddy" that deletes the mag release trigger, but keeps the inner rod and spring , and you just fill the hole where the trigger was with a little epoxy to cover the push pin. Than, if you ever leave NY, you can remove the epoxy and replace the mag release trigger.
Also, you can have a 30 round mag as long as it is pinned to hold no more than 10 rounds in it.
Good quick side loading device, and a magpull go great with that set up.
I like to imagine necroposts like this are from the OP, back from jail, and under a new account.

I just bought a Remington 700 in .308, it's bolt action and I'm womdering if I'm allowed to put a muzzle brake on it.

Back
Top Bottom