NY Land owner but not resident permit?

Hello Folks,

Is there a way to get a NY pistol permit if I am not a resident but I own NY land?

Thanks.

So...no way for a non-resident land owner to have a carry permit?! Sad.

I am unsuccessful trying to find laws about shooting rifles on my NY land (out of any town/city limits). I am looking for information such as minimum land acerage, minimum distances, etc. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks.

So...no way for a non-resident land owner to have a carry permit?! Sad.

I am unsuccessful trying to find laws about shooting rifles on my NY land (out of any town/city limits). I am looking for information such as minimum land acerage, minimum distances, etc. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks.

You can hunt with a non-resident hunting license and bring the rifles into the state.

Hi, there is no minimum acreage for shooting a rifle in New York. Some counties and towns have more restrictive laws, but you can find that info at the county/town seat where your property is. Dept of Environmental Conservation says that it is illegal to discharge a firearm "within 500 feet of a dwelling, farm building or structure in occupation or use unless you own it, lease it, are an immediate member of the family, an employee, or have the owner's consent". The DEC website is www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/hunting.html , you should be able to get a good read on what is allowable by looking into the frequently asked questions area.

Back
Top Bottom