NRA vital in next election

The NRA's power will be on display next month at its annual members' meeting in Pittsburgh. Attendance hit a record of 71,000 last year, and this year's event could draw an all-time high of 75,000.

I won't keep my fingers crossed.

Like NRA members, O’Leary says Christian conservatives are likely to be driven to the polls in record numbers in 2012 to hold the line on issues and positions they feel the Obama administration is threatening.

“Religious conservatives … weren’t out in massive number last election but they’re there,” O’Leary tells Newsmax. “Anyone who thinks we solved gay marriage, and solved many other issues that would turn people out doesn’t know anything about America.

Huh? How do you "solve" gay marriage? Maybe Larry Craig knows...

Last edited:
The article is poorly written. It lumps NRA members in with other conservative groups and tries to draw some very broad predicitions. I would be very surprised if the NRA had any position on gay marriage. If they do, it would be incredibly stupid.

As far as Obama, I just hope he runs on his record. [wink]

The problem with that is, if he runs on his record, with no competition, he will be back in.

WOW, the guy (one of the best in the business) just mentions gay marriage and you guys go away thinking its the main idea of what he said?
Did any of you watch the whole video?

You all act shocked that conservatives don't care for gay marriage....lol.
Or better yet, how an activist judge in MA (illegally) overturned the will of the people when they voted it down in a ballot question.
Massachusetts, the most corrupt lawless state in the country.

WOW, the guy (one of the best in the business) just mentions gay marriage and you guys go away thinking its the main idea of what he said?
Did any of you watch the whole video?

You all act shocked that conservatives don't care for gay marriage....lol.
Or better yet, how an activist judge in MA (illegally) overturned the will of the people when they voted it down in a ballot question.
Massachusetts, the most corrupt lawless state in the country.

I am not shocked, as long as you aren't shocked that we have BHO for another 4.

I am not shocked, as long as you aren't shocked that we have BHO for another 4.

So gay marriage is going to get Obama re-elected........LOL!

And from what I hear Obama isn't even going to be on the ballot in 21-23 states if he doesn't release his (actual) birth certificate.

Last edited:
"no competition"....what planet are you from?

The only one that matters. You think the NRA with 75k people showing up at it's annual event will make a difference? The link you posted is a guy pushing his book.

So gay marriage is going to get Obama re-elected........LOL!

And from what I hear Obama isn't even going to be on the ballot in 21-23 states if he doesn't release his (actual) birth certificate.

No. It is one of the issues that make the Republicans look sour to the voters. Goes along with religion and the thing we cannot speak of. Saving money and less government is great, if that is what you are actually pushing.

The only one that matters. You think the NRA with 75k people showing up at it's annual event will make a difference? The link you posted is a guy pushing his book.

LOL....incredible. The NRA was only one group he was talking about....it takes a lot of different groups w/ different agendas to support and elect a Republican candidate.....and beat the parasitic public unions.
The guy was just pointing out how he thought it will go down next time.
And guess what....he's good at it.

BTW the NRA has a lot more voters than people that show up for there annual meeting....ROTFLOL

But it does look like there some gay activists here on NES. I started a new thread earlier today showing video of little kids in a public union school being indoctrinated into homosexuality ideals.
I am sure they are all rooting for Obama....along with the unions.

LOL....incredible. The NRA was only one group he was talking about....it takes a lot of different groups w/ different agendas to support and elect a Republican candidate.....and beat the parasitic public unions.
The guy was just pointing out how he thought it will go down next time.
And guess what....he's good at it.

BTW the NRA has a lot more voters than people that show up for there annual meeting....ROTFLOL

But it does look like there some gay activists here on NES. I started a new thread earlier today showing video of little kids in a public union school being indoctrinated into homosexuality ideals.
I am sure they are all rooting for Obama....along with the unions.

I am willing to bet there are more people in public unions that will vote for dems than there are in the NRA. I am sure these "gay activists" you speak of are rooting for Obama. If two adult women (or men for that matter) want to fall in love, live together and call it marriage, who am I (or anyone) to tell them that they can't? Oh that's right. It's not in the bible. Please don't tie all other issues to democrats and compare them to unions like they are the same thing. We get that unions support democrats and vice versa. We know its bad and needs to stop. Hell, you post other people's articles about it 1-2 times a day.

If the republicans are banking on the NRA and christian conservatives to get someone elected, they have another thing coming. Well, actually the same thing that we have been having since 2008.

I dont care about gay marriage and neither should the NRA, what i care about is my 2nd amend. rights and protection and restoration of said rights.

The NRA doesn't care about issues other than 2nd Amendment issues!

One prime example was their consideration of endorsing Harry Reid during the last election. It drew outrage from many conservative NRA members and the NRA responded with a letter confirming their endorsements are base solely on 2A issues.

I am willing to bet there are more people in public unions that will vote for dems than there are in the NRA. I am sure these "gay activists" you speak of are rooting for Obama. If two adult women (or men for that matter) want to fall in love, live together and call it marriage, who am I (or anyone) to tell them that they can't? Oh that's right. It's not in the bible. Please don't tie all other issues to democrats and compare them to unions like they are the same thing. We get that unions support democrats and vice versa. We know its bad and needs to stop. Hell, you post other people's articles about it 1-2 times a day.

If the republicans are banking on the NRA and christian conservatives to get someone elected, they have another thing coming. Well, actually the same thing that we have been having since 2008.

Thank you for pointing that out....most everyone else here are trying to get people to believe that most of the union member in there union are voting for Constitution 2nd. loving Republicans....not the Marxist Democrats that give us all our ridiculous and antagonizing gun laws. And that unions are not the biggest big business in America!

But all you have to do is mention 'gay' anything in MA, and the hysterical moonbats come out of the woodwork.
Just a sentence or two and the 'gays' key in on it like a laser beam.

So your trying to say the unions are going to re-elect Obama....and the NRA, Christians, Tea Party and all others have no chance. ROTFLOL again!

But at least you 'outed' that unions and the other radicals they buddy-up with, are not the average gun owners friend.
My point all along....

The NRA has a lot to prove this year. Praise them all you want, but we all know they have the $ and lobby power to BURY a ton of these antis and the laws....but if they did that, the money would stop pouring in from the members...

I understand what they are doing, and I respect it, it costs money to do things on this scale....but the NRA is quickly becoming a center organization and reaching out a bit too much for my liking.

They either need to step their game up, or expect a membership decline from the hardcore pro 2nd supporters. I'd rather throw double that money at GOAL and comm2a.

NRA, take notes, because I'm not the only one losing faith....we don't want you electing a president, we want you burning gun laws.

Thank you for pointing that out....most everyone else here are trying to get people to believe that most of the union member in there union are voting for Constitution 2nd. loving Republicans....not the Marxist Democrats that give us all our ridiculous and antagonizing gun laws. And that unions are not the biggest big business in America!

But all you have to do is mention 'gay' anything in MA, and the hysterical moonbats come out of the woodwork.
Just a sentence or two and the 'gays' key in on it like a laser beam.

So your trying to say the unions are going to re-elect Obama....and the NRA, Christians, Tea Party and all others have no chance. ROTFLOL again!

But at least you 'outed' that unions and the other radicals they buddy-up with, are not the average gun owners friend.
My point all along....

I completely agree with you about the unions. No need to argue that point with me. If your referring to me as hysterical moonbat - I have a name. My name is Maxpower, and I am not a moonbat. You didn't even respond to what I said. You just repeated the same thing you already said. Unions are not the biggest business, religion is. Tax free I might add. Just because I disagree with far right republicans on some issues doesn't make me a "moonbat".

Obama is going to have $1 billion in his campaign chest and a base that has its visceral 'get out the vote' motivation (death of the unions).

It's going to take an enormous Republican/Independent turnout and an enormous amount of money to counter his effort.

Fortunately, there are endless clips demonstrating the gap between his promises and his governance, if enough money can be raised to run the commercials.

The other thing it's going to take is a powerful candidate (?) and unprecedented unity on the part of Republicans/conservatives (what are the odds of that?), to make Obama a one-term president.

the repubs need a strong candidate, and as mentioned if O (i'm full of it)

runs on his record, and the repubs will make certtain he does, i think he

might lose big,,,,, can pile shit that high.

"no competition"....what planet are you from?
I realize it's early and the Republicans MIGHT pull a good candidate out of their hat before the election. If they try to run against Obummer with one of the current front runners he will wipe the floor with them. That is what Maxpower meant when he said "No competition".

I completely agree with you about the unions. No need to argue that point with me. If your referring to me as hysterical moonbat - I have a name. My name is Maxpower, and I am not a moonbat. You didn't even respond to what I said. You just repeated the same thing you already said. Unions are not the biggest business, religion is. Tax free I might add. Just because I disagree with far right republicans on some issues doesn't make me a "moonbat".

Ok Maxpower,

At the beginning of this thread there were a few (you included) that were all up-in-arms about a comment the guy made....in my book, only moonbats get that upset about 'gays'. I did not mention your name specifically as there were others.
It was almost like a few people were trying to hijack the thread....and make it a 'gay' issue (a simpleton moonbat tactic)

And you have moonbats that say how they hate 'big business'....but unions are the biggest (non governmental/religious) business of ALL.
(you'll never learn that from a public union teacher)

The next election will be won w/ independents....and there mostly angry with Obama & union special interests.
The whole Obama is brilliant....how dare you criticize him is long gone (as hard as the moonbats will try).

OR DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THE LAST ELECTION?
The tide has turned....probably for the rest of our lives.

And remember, Obama might not even be on the ballot in many states....

Back
Top Bottom