NRA Survey

Would you take this survey. They want to know how many pistols you own that bugged me. None of their business.

Dear American Rifleman and American Hunter readers,

We need your help in order to provide you with the best possible official magazine. Take a few minutes to answer questions about the products that help you enjoy your lifestyle and the official magazines of NRA.

Please go to: NRA Publications Handgun Preferences Survey
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB228ERLMR23V

It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire. We appreciate your time, your answers, and your support of the National Rifle Association. All the information you share will be kept anonymous.

Thank you,

NRA Publications

If it's truly anonymous, I don't think it could be an issue.

I noticed that one question reads, "Do you a semi-automatic pistol?" but then the subsequent question asks "how many?" Isn't that rather redundant?

If we can't trust the NRA with information about our firearms then I don't know who we can.

I took it. No problem as far as I am concerned.

-R

I took it, I figure anybody who wanted to know could easily figure out that I own firearms. If they intend to use that info in a negative way, how many I own is irrelevant at that point.

Where was this link found ?

As the survey is not based at a NRA website.

The survey is at a poll website http://www.zoomerang.com/

How are we to trust that this survey was initiated by the NRA?

If we can't trust the NRA with information about our firearms then I don't know who we can.

I took it. No problem as far as I am concerned.

-R

If it's truly anonymous, I don't think it could be an issue.

Unfortunately there is no such thing an being anonymous anymore on the internet. Anyone with a little know how can figure out who you you are, where your from, etc'.

I work in IT at my company and it's a running joke in our office when the headquarters in Australia sends out an "anonymous" survey to all workers to get their feedback on the company, their direct managers, etc'. Yeah, go ahead and bash your manager/company on the "anonymous" survey. They won't know who you are. [rolleyes] Yeah, right!

Unfortunately there is no such thing an being anonymous anymore on the internet. Anyone with a little know how can figure out who you you are, where your from, etc'.

I work in IT at my company and it's a running joke in our office when the headquarters in Australia sends out an "anonymous" survey to all workers to get their feedback on the company, their direct managers, etc'. Yeah, go ahead and bash your manager/company on the "anonymous" survey. They won't know who you are. [rolleyes] Yeah, right!

Provided they are grabbing host names, IP addresses, MAC addresses or some other uniquely identifiable data point...

Where was this link found ?

As the survey is not based at a NRA website.

The survey is at a poll website http://www.zoomerang.com/

How are we to trust that this survey was initiated by the NRA?

+1 I doubt this is an official NRA survey. But I just like taking surveys to kill time so no big deal if it isn't. What is scary is when I had to do the math on how much I spend on ammo[crying]

Provided they are grabbing host names, IP addresses, MAC addresses or some other uniquely identifiable data point...
And provided that they can cross reference them with the current MAC/IP <-> user table from your ISP (and employer, if surfing from work).

Those of us not surfing from work are most likely going to be using a changable "pool" IP address, so the easiest way to track would be MAC address...and days of traffic analysis.

Unless you're already being wiretapped/traced for another reason, or unless there's a HUGE, quiet collaboration between a large number of ISPs, some unnamed government agency, and the NRA...Liklihood of this ever coming back to "bite" someone? Pretty damn low.

I'd personally consider Google crawling the non-members section to be more of a risk, given that the data could easily be compiled for a much longer time period.
joehaus said:
+1 I doubt this is an official NRA survey. But I just like taking surveys to kill time so no big deal if it isn't.
Zoomerang appears to be a survey company. Very few outfits host their own surveys any more.
joehaus said:
What is scary is when I had to do the math on how much I spend on ammo[crying]
[laugh]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom