Nottingham NH to allow town employees to carry while at work.

This seems to surprise some people but as they point out that this is just allowing town employees the same rights as the rest of us. The only real change is they can now carry while working. Once off the clock they could carry everywhere anyway.
I did talk to one selectman that is in favor of it. Hope the others agree.
Here is the link.
http://www.wmur.com/news/24085481/detail.html

Interesting, since my summer home is on Pawtuckaway lake in Nottingham. I'm sure that town officials will CCW regardless of policy. I'ts a small town, but a lot of liberals have found it over the years because of the lake and the State Park. Same old shit everywhere. Jack.

Interesting, since my summer home is on Pawtuckaway lake in Nottingham. I'm sure that town officials will CCW regardless of policy. I'ts a small town, but a lot of liberals have found it over the years because of the lake and the State Park. Same old shit everywhere. Jack.

This way people like snow plow drivers out on dirt roads in the middle of the night could carry and not get any grief. It should be that way anyway.

This seems to surprise some people but as they point out that this is just allowing town employees the same rights as the rest of us. The only real change is they can now carry while working. Once off the clock they could carry everywhere anyway.
I did talk to one selectman that is in favor of it. Hope the others agree.
Here is the link.
http://www.wmur.com/news/24085481/detail.html

Considering that 159:26 prohibits towns from regulating firearms, the town's prohibition is itself illegal.

"Now, I'm not against the Second Amendment for people to carry them," said resident Gail Mills. "I just think that there's some places where this isn't appropriate."

Brown said he doesn't think liability will be an issue, but he's still talking with the town's insurers. Mills said she's also worried about safety.

"We have summer programs, the rec. department is there, and having people with guns in the building with kids, I don't think that that's a good thing to have happen," she said.

What does she think will happen - the gun will jump out of the holster and start shooting by itself?

Oh, wait... I forgot, that's how they do think.

Considering that 159:26 prohibits towns from regulating firearms, the town's prohibition is itself illegal.

There is going to be a selectmen s meeting on Tuesday night. They have been getting lots of pressure and attention over this. Hopefully they won't be pressured to changing it back. I don't think Mary Bonser will change her vote not sure about the others. There did seem to be some question by the lawyers if the town had the right to set restrictions on employees.
Reading 159.26 it seemed clear to me the intention of that law that only the state will make gun laws. One thing that had people questioning was that private sector jobs often have work carry restrictions so why couldn't the town as an employer.
They have been told that every town in Rockingham county has these restrictions.
I googled nottingham guns and found some NY city papers picking up on the story even there most people seem to favor the idea that its the employees right.
One thing I do question is the Nottingham town office building has some summer activities for kids there. I don't know where the line is for it then to have the normal School restrictions in the building.
Its interesting to read some of the moonbat statements about not having kids around guns. They don't seem to realize that the only question is the 20 employees carrying not the 4,000 + townspeople that have the right to.
I think someone from goal might show up and anymore knowledgeable people would help as well.

Back
Top Bottom