Not really a "build", but...

:D

gold2.jpg

gold.jpg

If they are on the BAN list it's because Kimber doesn't want to make a MA compliant pistol. And I don't blame them. I spoke with a rep from H&K to see if they had plans on making a MA Complient pistol. His reply was "We don't want to put development money in to a set of firearms only to have them be banned later when MA changes it's laws again."

Sad but True. I can't wait to move to N.H.

Here's the latest List of approved handguns (3/05):
http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/approved_firearms_roster.pdf

If it isn't on this list, it can NOT be legally sold by any MA FFL to any MA Resident, unless there is proof that the gun was in MA as of 10/21/98.

Very few manufacturers on this list. Most would be certified if it weren't for the AG's Regs (totally separate). The AG refuses to tell a mfr if a particular gun meets his "requirements". Thus, the mfr has no guarantee that Reilly won't go after them with civil fines ($5K/gun), etc. and it just isn't worth the risk to be able to sell into MA so they kiss us off. If we ever got a good AG (highly unlikely) and he voided the BS "consumer safety" regs on handguns, you would see the list grow massively and fast. [The requirements to get on the List are almost identical to CA's List and almost every mfr has submitted to CA for approval, so the marginal cost to comply with MA isn't significant.]

I think i speak for everyone else in Mass, when I say

you suck.

HAHAHA I couldn't agree more with Centermass. That is one sweet looking handgun there. I'd love to be able to add one to the collection.

Bugie the envious

I have to stop visiting shooting forums. I just get more depressed!

Yet another nice pistol I won't be getting. :(

derek said:
Bottom line is, it's a fine looking gun. :D

Thanks. I have taken a ton of crap from people about getting a gun refinished "gold". Everything from "you gonna put sights on the side of it so you can fire it gangsta style?!" to "You wont have to shoot the bad guy cuz he'll be on the ground laughing"....

I dont expect anyone to like my taste in things... but most who have guns modify them for aesthetic purposes... i see no difference between a gold refinish and a nice set of wood grips.

I almost called the refinisher mid-stream to change from gold to something else. Everyone had me thinking it would look way cheesy. I'm glad i stuck it out, because it looks amazing... like nothing else.

FWIW- in low-light situations, the gold is very hard to see... much less conspicuous than a stainless gun.

Triumph are you on sigforum.com?

A lot of us there have sent work to CCR. For less then 150 including shipping you can get your gun refinished. There are alot of excellent pictures of his work on sigforum and I've yet to see one bad report. Brad, owner off CCR, even does smithing.

That dark gold color is nice ontop of the polymer.

Yeah, i think i first heard of CCR on sigforum (CCR did this gun). I joined sigforum a few days back just so i could post pics over there :)

Nickelsig: Do you have a gun donr by CCR in GunKote? I am curious as to the long-term durability of this finish, as i planned on this being my carry gun, but now im not sure (its too pretty)

I forgot the name of his finish. It's the same exact thing as Metacol that Arizona response system has used with great success for years. I think he just can't call it that becuase they trademarked the name.

I took advantage of his Sigforum special pre xmas sale. He was doing complete pistols for 99 dollars. That is an unheard of offer. I'm suprised he could stay in business at that rate, and the quality did not diminish.

I'll have to take some pics later.

ETA

http://www.ccr-refinishing.com/info.htm

This explains Dura Coat and Gun Coat.

Yeah, he gave me a great deal on my Kimber... so much so that when i sent him a money order, i just rounded it up a few bucks (because i felt like what he was doing was just too cheap!)

I just called about a Kel-tec slide, and they are giving me an even better deaL!

Back
Top Bottom