• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not getting notifications about new posts in a subscribed thread.

Hey sHORTY,

Not a big one, but I think there may be a bug, as I've seen this happen previously. I'm subscribed to this thread:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-at-and-like-Market-Basket-please-read/page32

I was getting email notifications when new posts were added, but at some point that stopped. I believe if I unsubscribe and resubscribe, that will fix it. I'll leave it as it is now if you want to investigate.

Thanks.

Just to add to this.
I am sometimes subscribed to threads that I have never sub'd to. No email notifications, but just through my "panel" of other sub'd threads.

Anyone else experience this?

Hey sHORTY,

Not a big one, but I think there may be a bug, as I've seen this happen previously. I'm subscribed to this thread:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-at-and-like-Market-Basket-please-read/page32

I was getting email notifications when new posts were added, but at some point that stopped. I believe if I unsubscribe and resubscribe, that will fix it. I'll leave it as it is now if you want to investigate.

Thanks.

Let me take a peek tomorrow. I'd bet the spam filter at your ISP is picking up the message as spam. I'll investigate a few and let you know.

Paul - I know this might be tough, but can you find an example of when you didn't get a notification?

Paul - I know this might be tough, but can you find an example of when you didn't get a notification?

That Market Basket thread should be a good example. My last post in there, currently, is 669 and there are a bunch of posts after that and I never got notifications on them. It seems to be thread specific though. I have other subscribed threads that have sent me new post notifications in the meantime. Also, I did check my spam folder (I'm on gmail) and I didn't see this one in there.

IIRC, this has happened to me before. To solve it, I unsubscribed and then subscribed again and that fixed it. I can try that again if you want, but if I do, I assume that will make it more difficult to find the problem. If you want me to do that though, just say the word.

Thanks.

Just to add to this.
I am sometimes subscribed to threads that I have never sub'd to. No email notifications, but just through my "panel" of other sub'd threads.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes. happens to me all the time, and it is very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom