Not again (more milsurps)

m44

It happened again, I really need to stop going to gun shops. Well heres the story of how I ended up a few hundred shorter again.

Well yesterday I was in my local gun shop,I was just there to pick up a bayonet but then I saw this really nice looking arisaka Type 38 carbine. So I ask to take a look at it, when I take a good look at it the mum is intact. Then the gunshop owner tells me he has another arisaka type 38 carbine it needs some parts but thats it, so I take a look at it. This gun is missing the handguard, the floorplate and follower, the rear band, and the rear sight. But this also has a complete mum (the mum does have some nics and dents in it but it looks like its from someone dropping the gun they are NOT file marks), so then the gun shop owner says he will cut me a deal. He knocks 25.00 off the fixer upper making it 125.00. I told him I would take it,then just as he was starting to do the paperwork I see this m44 only it looks to me like its Polish. so I look at it and yep it is polish. So I tell him I will take it to. It is a 1952 polish m44, the price was 200.00. I will post pics of both later, its raining again.

Last edited:
Ok here is the pics.

First the Polish m44, this gun is all matching except for the bolt [crying].

101_0122.jpg

The cartouch that is on the stock.

101_0123.jpg

The receiver markings.

101_0125.jpg

Now for pics of the arisaka T-38 carbine, I couldnt get a decent photo of the mum though.

Here is a pic of the rifle.

101_0116.jpg

This pic shows the white buttplate could anyone tell me is that the way its supposed to be or did someone paint it white.

101_0120.jpg

And this pic shows the missing floorplate, follower, and follower spring.

101_0118.jpg

And the final pic shows the missing rear sight, handguard, and barrell band.

101_0119.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get the parts I need for the t-38 arisaka carbine?

Polish M44s are often found with missmatched parts. They're still what I consider the best M44 out there for accuracy and overall performance.

There was a POS Arisaka at Collectors a while back for $70, but I think it had all the parts you're missing.

There was a POS Arisaka at Collectors a while back for $70, but I think it had all the parts you're missing.

Are you sure it was a T-38 carbine, but then again it doesnt really make much of a difference my brother would never drive that far [frown].

Nice, the 38 still has the MUM on it.

Congrats!

Thats the main reason I got it.

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE, LUKE!

I know what you mean there, milsurp stuff is so addicting.

Polish M44s are often found with missmatched parts. They're still what I consider the best M44 out there for accuracy and overall performance.

Funny I never heard that before, the reason I got it was because I very rarely see polish m44s in this area.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Back
Top Bottom