not a hunter myself, but here's a pic I took..

Hiltonizer

Banned
14k8ps7.jpg

The wife and I were looking at property in the general area of Solon, ME. As we were driving down 201 we saw this guy being weighed in. Had to stop and grab a pic. I'm not a hunter myself but can certainly appreciate this! Absolutely amazing.

You'd swear it was the biggest thing to happen in the area in decades... dozens of folks swarmed around this at what is essentially a small variety store in the middle of no-where. Every car on the route slowing down. A game warden was there and seemed to be really enjoying his job. The few days we were in the area, every other guy was wearing hunters orange. Awesome atmosphere. Can't wait to move up there.

If anyone has been up there and saw a black F150 with NH plates and an NES sticker, that was me. [wave]

Years ago I was attending a Big Game Hunting seminar. During the question & answer segment a young hunter asked, "Where is the best place to shoot a Moose ? " (what he meant was what part of the body.) The speaker paused and said, "Right next to a Fork Lift...." [laugh] Pulling the trigger is the easy part. No one man is dragging that out like a Whitetail.

Great pic.. Do you know what it ended up weighing in at ?

Years ago I was attending a Big Game Hunting seminar. During the question & answer segment a young hunter asked, "Where is the best place to shoot a Moose ? " (what he meant was what part of the body.) The speaker paused and said, "Right next to a Fork Lift...." [laugh] Pulling the trigger is the easy part. No one man is dragging that out like a Whitetail.

Great pic.. Do you know what it ended up weighing in at ?

It looks like around 700lbs (you can see the scale in the pic).

Thank you for looking
Scott

Amazing! I Had a friend who's dad got a moose permit in maine proubly 10+ years ago.. His dad shot the moose in a swamp It took 6 guys and 2 atvs over 12 hours to get it out! This is why I love to hunt birds!

I brought 600 ft of 5/8 line, snatch blocks and a whole truck load of stuff when I went. My biggest worry was how to get it out. I have heard horror stories. I shot a small moose 100 yds from a road in a clear cut and it took us 4 hours to get it out. My buddy shot his in a wallow and it took them almost a day to get it out in pieces. His was about the size of that one. Mine was only about 575.

I cant wait to get another permit. My wife will put in if I run a half marathon next year.

Best meat we have ever had and I still have about 100 lbs in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom