North Hollywood shootouts rewind

You re-read the post. It specifically states what I said. He didn't compare it to a police force. He didn't say it was the 6th largest "police organization" in the world. He used the word "army".

Why don't you stop humping my leg and start participating in the conversation?

Yes..HE used the word Army. HE is not one of the ESU officers. HE was comparing the training..which YOU dispute. HE is not a spokesman for NYPD ESU.

So therefore.....the POLICE were not comparing themselves to an Army.

Yes..HE used the word Army. HE is not one of the ESU officers. HE was comparing the training..which YOU dispute. HE is not a spokesman for NYPD ESU.

So therefore.....the POLICE were not comparing themselves to an Army.

Is he a police officer? Regardless, if he isn't, and a CIVILIAN holds that view, it's indicative of the impression given, therefore worse, IMO.

Because, like I said before, training someone on an M4 is a lot easier than training someone on a handgun. Most service members can't shoot handguns worth a damn either but are extremely proficient with rifles.

no way. the M16 family of rifles is often, and rightfully so criticsized for being over complicated and difficult to teach to people in short amounts of time.
Any monkey can be shown how to pull a trigger, but thats where the smiliarites between a pistol and m4 end. cleaning, maintaning, knowing how to zero the rifle on your own and then knowing how to use the sights and hit things take much more time then a average service pistol.

Back
Top Bottom