Noob Mosin-Nagant owner

Will you be joing C-pher and Snowjoker when they come to my house for my class on how to take down their Mosins and clean them free of oil?

Class? There's a class for this? Damn, I keep missing my memos! [crying]

And yes, I would love to attend. When and where? I'm booked pretty solid for the next several weekends.... [sad]

As for your question, yes the pouches have belt loops on the back side and they were used on Russian belts. FWIW, your ammo pouch will soon be sitting at the bottom of a box or plastic tote wherever you keep the gun stuff you'll never ever use but still can't bring yourself to get rid of.

Well, where do you store your ammo when you're defending against the zombie hordes? Can't lug that spam can around... Perhaps something stylish and simple, like this?

EstoniaPoseindependencewarm.jpg

Last edited:
Prepper, I'm new to this Forum, but belong to many other, and most all that everyone has told you is great. So I'll add my 2 cents as I have 6 Mosins and have had them for 12 years now, and had many more of them apart and all. For cleaning the chamber After taking down your Mosin (very easy to do)I use a new 20 gauge brush or and old worn 12 gauge (really worn), placed on the end of a short shotgun cleaning rod chucked in a drill and clean the heck out of that chamber using some brake clean or Carb cleaner. You'd be surprised what will come out of that so called clean chamber that cosmo get into all the nook and cranies. Note down force the brush in the drill to far forward or you bugger up your chamber neck or the early part of your rifling. It is best to do this out side and not near anything you care much about such as plants and animals. The bolt is the next part to clean well, take it apart, it won't brake, and they are easy to put back together, and re-adjust as everyone has told you using the feild combo tool that came with most Mosin Nagant surplus rifles. Good luck and good shooting! By the way, I use to live in MA before taking a job with the USAF after NAS South Weymouth closed years ago. Still have family up that way and all. I miss the fall and spring time the most. Only Hot summers and not much fall or spring and cold winters.

Back
Top Bottom