Noob charge bar question...

I'm noob reloader who was just picked up a 15yr old 12GA 600 Mec jr. in great shape for cheap. The charge bar is a 302 100. (1oz) drop.

My question is if my charge bar accepts bushings or not? It looks fixed to me. And any I see online have a little white insert that is supposed to help with the lead drop. Mine does not have this. How do I know if a bar takes bushings or not? Planning on hitting Bass Pro next weekend to look at newer ones in person an see if there is a differece but thought I'd ask here.

They're short money, so should I just go buy a new bar and bushings to match a 1 oz recipe?

Thanks!

*Also pkg. came with 4lbs of Red dot / 2 bags of 1oz wads / and a small trash bag of AA and STS hulls.

Definitely invest in one of the new style bars with the white rubber insert by the shot cavity, all of the new bars will have bushings for the powder side.

As you already know, you would have to buy the bar that corresponds to the amount of shot you want to drop. (most bars will drop light)

Another option would be to pick up and adjustable charge bar, that way you can load anything from 1-1/8 oz all the way down to 3/4oz in a 12GA hull

I second the adjustable bar. One and done. That way you can play around with shot sizes and loads without having to run out for A new bushing each time.

Thanks all!

After a little more digging, found out my charge bar is from the 60's/70's. and is a fixed 1-1/8.

Skipped going with universal and picked up new 1oz and 7/8oz bars with #31 and #32 bushings for Red Dot powder drops. Next up: a powder scale.

Back
Top Bottom