Non resident magazine purchase?

Well, technically you can bring post 9/1994 mags back to MA, but you'd be running afoul of the MA AWB if the mags that were purchases have a capacity greater than 10 rounds. [wink]

I was at a NH gun shop and saw them check a MA resident's license when he asked about a mag. They wouldn't sell it to him as it was post-ban.

Well, technically you can bring post 9/1994 mags back to MA, but you'd be running afoul of the MA AWB if the mags that were purchases have a capacity greater than 10 rounds. [wink]

Len Said Large Cap, which by def in MA is any greater than ten. Even though they are standard cap.

I was at a NH gun shop and saw them check a MA resident's license when he asked about a mag. They wouldn't sell it to him as it was post-ban.

Probably Shooters. Many do not care. If you are a MA resident and never bring the evil killy mags back to MA, say leave them at a friends house, you are not breaking any laws that I am aware of.

Please out the shop, I'd like to make sure I don't waste my time going there.

I'm sure it was because the ma resident was making a big scene, stating that they had an LTC-A with no restrictions, but they owned property in NH, so could they buy this without an issue. Don't blame the damn store for that. I wouldn't sell them anything either.

Christ. Walk into the store, pick it up off the shelf, walk to the register and pay for it. DONE. IT'S YOURS. As simple as buying a banana. Do you make a scene when you buy a banana?

Christ. Walk into the store, pick it up off the shelf, walk to the register and pay for it. DONE. IT'S YOURS. As simple as buying a banana. Do you make a scene when you buy a banana?
If I was paying cash, and they wanted me to show ID? Yeah, I'd make a scene.

Can a MA LTC holder go to New Hampshire and purchase magazines without a nonresident New Hampshire license?

A magazine is a piece of metal/plastic in NH. It's not regulated, at all.

Obviously if you bring said piece of metal/plastic back into MA it may be illegal there depending on capacity and when it was made, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

-Mike

Please out the shop, I'd like to make sure I don't waste my time going there.

MFLR

I'm sure it was because the ma resident was making a big scene, stating that they had an LTC-A with no restrictions, but they owned property in NH, so could they buy this without an issue. Don't blame the damn store for that. I wouldn't sell them anything either.

Nope.

It was behind the counter. The buyer asked if they had a mag for whichever gun he had (I forget which one) and they asked him for his permit.

I buy in NH all the time while we visit family up there. I just make sure they are undated. Usually get good deals inventory is hit or miss even as far north as Bristol though. And I favor 20 rounders VS 30 and I don't see as many of the 20 rounders in shops

Back
Top Bottom