Non-Res in Mass

I've got a question I need some help with. I live in CT and would like to join a little shooting get together in Mass...and I would like to bring my own gun(s) (Springfield XD 9mm and/or Kahr MK9).

My understanding is that this is legal so long as I am attending "a pistol or revolver competition". My question is: How is such a competition defined?

Here's the statute:

Chapter 140: Section 131G Carrying of firearms by non-residents; conditions

Section 131G. Any person who is not a resident of the commonwealth may carry a pistol or revolver in or through the commonwealth for the purpose of taking part in a pistol or revolver competition or attending any meeting or exhibition of any organized group of firearm collectors or for the purpose of hunting;

Any flyer, ad, listing, etc. of a competitive shoot. One would suggest that if you attend one, you have a copy of the competition and the info handy. Len might be able to add more, but I believe that's all that is required.

Make sure said rifle/shotgun/pistol is properly secured (lock box, rifle bag, etc) with either a trigger lock or pad lock on the case, and lock it in the truck of your car, or if you have a truck - behind your seat out of reach. Also - keep the ammo separate.

Lynne about covered it.

MA does NOT require that it be a registered match or authorized by any specific org. Therefore any of us could declare a get together as a competition, write something up and give it to NRs to carry with them and they'd be legal. This is UNLIKE CT which requires specific org sanctioned matches only for bringing handguns in w/o a CT permit.

Gun MUST be in a locked container, so just a trigger lock will not do!

Guns/mags must all be pre-ban ONLY or the ones that were allowed during the Fed ban.

I posted more about this in the thread on AFS' get-together in N. Attleboro.

Back
Top Bottom