No shooting this weekend

My club is hosting an archery competition today and tomorrow so the rifle/pistol range is closed.

I am starting to get withdrawal shakes...
That's why I belong to three ranges and shoot at bunch more.[grin]

Respectfully,
jkelly

It is my firm belief that gun clubs should NOT have archery set ups of any kind. Shooters who like archery should also join an archery club. Eventually the interests are going to clash.

It is my firm belief that gun clubs should NOT have archery set ups of any kind. Shooters who like archery should also join an archery club. Eventually the interests are going to clash.

Nah, I don't see that as being necessary. You just need dedicated spaces for both.

Nah, I don't see that as being necessary. You just need dedicated spaces for both.

Even with that, I have seen the archery clique actually take over the rifle range and basically shut out firearms use.

I stand by what I said. <----- Archers that way Shooters this way------>

Even with that, I have seen the archery clique actually take over the rifle range and basically shut out firearms use.

I stand by what I said. <----- Archers that way Shooters this way------>

Same here. BTDT.

B

That's pretty sad. I thought we had more to worry about from the "gun owners" who stab everyone in the back when it comes to black rifles, high caps, etc.

Nenameseck was the host to the Rinehart 100 this weekend.

400+ archers from all over the US came to the club to shoot at 3-D targets. One trail with 50 targets of animals from North America and another 50 targets were from Africa.

The event was a huge success and it only happens once a year at the club.

If it makes anyone feel better I will be shutting down the club on Sat June 27th for a Women on Target.

Nenameseck was the host to the Rinehart 100 this weekend.

400+ archers from all over the US came to the club to shoot at 3-D targets. One trail with 50 targets of animals from North America and another 50 targets were from Africa.

The event was a huge success and it only happens once a year at the club..

I am glad the shoot was a success. Had I been home today I probably would have stopped by to check it out.

If it makes anyone feel better I will be shutting down the club on Sat June 27th for a Women on Target.

I hope I didn't come across like I was complaining. I just wished I had a place to shoot this weekend. That's all. [wink]

I am glad the shoot was a success. Had I been home today I probably would have stopped by to check it out.

I hope I didn't come across like I was complaining. I just wished I had a place to shoot this weekend. That's all. [wink]

It was great, Im not a archer but I helped out. It was interesting to see that archers are a lot like the firearms shooting community. They are friendly and willing to help each other out. Check out the picture I posted in the "What do you look like" thread. I got to play with an AR/crossbow!

I did not think you were complaining... but there are others who seem to believe that shooters and archers can not belong to the same club. We are all sportsmen and outdoors men. There will be times that archery is trump and then there are other times that firearms will be. If you belong to a good club that has fair control of the 2 sports then there won't be an issue.

We are lucky because Nenemeseck is a great club and there are no favorites. [smile]

The best club I belong to has a large 3-D archery course, skeet, trap, sporting clays, a rifle range and action pistol. I think it makes the club stronger.

jkelly

The best club I belong to has a large 3-D archery course, skeet, trap, sporting clays, a rifle range and action pistol. I think it makes the club stronger.

jkelly
Nice. Two of us have seen shooting programs destroyed by archers.

I guess your side is still down 2 to 1.

What a bunch of wusses to be taken down by archers, you don't deserve to call yourselves gun owners... [laugh]

I'm sending the spork brigade your way to rid of your remaining possessions and revoke your man cards...

[rofl2]

"Can't we all just get along?"

I know several gun clubs that have archery componets and it seems to make them better clubs, as it increases membership and introduces younger people to the sports as there is crossover.

I don't know any shooting program destroyed by archers, but I know several that were destroyed by other shooting factions, so your if you need to keep score you are losing.

Problems are usually caused by the people involved and not the disciplines. The biggest problem I’ve seen with gun clubs are the angry factions of self centered shooters who push their discipline at the expense of others.

jkelly

Jose,
not to drift too far from the thread. . . can you explain what happened. I've belonged to 4 different clubs, all with archery and different firearm options (skeet, trap, indoor, pistol, rifle, hi power, etc) and seen nothing but mutual respect at clubs between the programs.

Jose,
not to drift too far from the thread. . . can you explain what happened. I've belonged to 4 different clubs, all with archery and different firearm options (skeet, trap, indoor, pistol, rifle, hi power, etc) and seen nothing but mutual respect at clubs between the programs.
It would be interesting to hear jose's version of what happened.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Jose,

Simple. Archers made up the majority of the club. Even though their sport consumed about 95% of the land and I never saw it crowded, they still ended up maneuvering to take over the smallbore rifle range and close it down.

At another club I used to belong the issue came to a vote and it was soundly trashed. No archery at Miami Rifle & Pistol Club.

Archery brings in more funds for our club than firearms. They could easily take over, but if you belong to a good club that is fair, then you have nothing to worry about.

There is a schedule and we rotate on the indoor range. Archers have their own outdoor area and 3-D trails. Rifle, shotgun and pistol have their own place.

The club is actually in the process of building a new indoor range just for archers so that there will be no conflicts.

Simple. Archers made up the majority of the club. Even though their sport consumed about 95% of the land and I never saw it crowded, they still ended up maneuvering to take over the smallbore rifle range and close it down.
It's not limited to Achers, I've seen gun club boards destroy a shooting faction through rule changes. Sometimes it’s one shooting faction attacking another, other times it’s a board member with a personal grudge.

Gun clubs can be little feitoms with their own version of ll douche (pun). But it's the same result a faction ends or moves to another club.

jkelly

Gun clubs can be little feitoms with their own version of ll douche (pun). But it's the same result a faction ends or moves to another club.
There's never a shortage of jerks to be had in any community[laugh]

Thankfully, I've not seen anything like this and hope I never do... I'll not fund someone else's BS power trip...

It's not limited to Achers, I've seen gun club boards destroy a shooting faction through rule changes. Sometimes it’s one shooting faction attacking another, other times it’s a board member with a personal grudge.

jkelly

Me too.

A club I was a member of for lots of years was mostly pistol team and informal skeet/trap shooter factions. At one time those running the skeet/trap fields asked the BOD to shut down the outdoor range when they shot skeet/trap as the noise "annoyed them"! Didn't pass.

Spin forward many years later and I paid a visit to said club and observed signage that had me scratching my head. Limit of 6 rds loaded at any time on the outdoor range and rifles had to be single-feed only for any CF rifle. The current president shows up and tells me that the indoor range was limited to 5 rds loaded at any time. I guess you can't practice bullseye shooting any more there! Since he only shoots skeet/trap he couldn't understand my being puzzled by such a set of rules!

I guess that I just don't "get it"?? [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom