NJ stepping in it again.

"Police officers arrest him and charge him with violation of the hollow point ban "

I know it boils down to some gestapo type bullshit, but if he had a license how they hell did they get him on violation of hollow point ban? Shouldn't it have gone down something like.

hello office I'm licensed to carry a firearm and am currently carrying. Office "ok can I see your license?" sure here you go. Officer "ok, please keep your hands visible at all times you're black and your scare me" <sarcasm> "I pulled you over as your tint is beyond the legal limit... heres a ticket... reduce the tint...be on your marry way"

How the HELL did they get to the point of inspecting the ammunition??????? illegal search????

"Police officers arrest him and charge him with violation of the hollow point ban "

I know it boils down to some gestapo type bullshit, but if he had a license how they hell did they get him on violation of hollow point ban? Shouldn't it have gone down something like.

hello office I'm licensed to carry a firearm and am currently carrying. Office "ok can I see your license?" sure here you go. Officer "ok, please keep your hands visible at all times you're black and your scare me" <sarcasm> "I pulled you over as your tint is beyond the legal limit... heres a ticket... reduce the tint...be on your marry way"

How the HELL did they get to the point of inspecting the ammunition??????? illegal search????

You did notice hes black right? DWB is a serious offense in NJ.

To paraphrase my friends from Woonsocket, RI: "the next time you drive through New Jersey, you go around."

I live in Georgia, I spend summers in Connecticut.
The most direct route is straight up 95 including the New Jersey Turnpike.

I drive AROUND NJ entirely and skip most of NY.
I go through Pennsylvania to do this, it's perhaps another 100 miles or so.

I know that I'm 100% legal, and that FOPA allows me to transport between those two states,
(I have GA and CT permits). I don't care - I'm not going through NJ - too many stories of people
getting jacked up for no good reason.

I might win in the end, but it's potentially going to cost me the weekend in jail, getting my truck back from
impound, *maybe* getting my firearms back, out of state court appearances and lots of money.

Not the hill I'm going to die on.

Even so, the ammo is not actually illegal and it was issued to him by his employer.
I hate the race card as much as anyone, but since everything other than the window tint was straight up manufactured b.s., I'm lost for another reason why they would jack this guy up.

OK, step one complete but too bad it takes a judge to dismiss charges that a prosecutor should not have continued with to begin with. As others have said, it should have ended roadside.
What a bunch of bullshit. Illegal transport of a firearm? that's a mystery to me how he can be charged with that let alone the ammo charge where the cops and DA don't even know the law.

I am with allen-1, I won't even go into NJ one inch. not worth it.

I hope he gets his reputation cleared up and his credentials back along with his firearm and gets back to work, then he should think about leaving that state just like I have thought of leaving MA.

Can he recover his legal expenses from the state?

From @slipknot's linked article:
Senior Associate Louis Nappen, Esq., added, “We now fight to get Mr. Twyne’s firearm returned, licenses protected, and reputation restored. This includes fighting the tinted windows motor vehicle offense, which is known to be used as a pretext excuse for motor vehicle stops.”

May all involved in the violation of this mans 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendment rights live a short life a misery.

His gofundme is over $60k now!

Not much will happen here. Cops will get a slap on the wrist and told not to mess up their understanding of the law next time.

Not even.

Last edited:
No, this should have been handled between the police officer and Mr. Twyne on the side of the road. 10 minutes and maybe a phone call to the supervisor later, they are both on their way. One with a tint ticket, and the other with a little better understanding of the laws he is charged with enforcing.

I bet his tint wasn't even illegal.

Someone tell me again how cops are all for us law-abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms, and it's just the criminals they want to keep off the streets?

Wheeler686

They don't want criminals off the street. They actually need them on the streets to justify their own existence. Which is why they aren't for law abiding people. Because likewise, the law abiding are a threat to their existence as well. Police look at everyone as an enemy, literally. If police are interacting with you, you must have done something wrong, and it's their job to find it. And if it doesn't exist, they'll make it up.

I hope he gets a hell of a lot more than that.
It's NJ.

"Be thankful that's all that happened to you."

I've driven through NY several times with guns. I was a little nervous about it, but not too worried to be confident doing so.

Like others, I wouldn't dream of doing the same in NJ. Or in Maryland, which is even worse.

Back
Top Bottom