NH woman arrested for having gun in car with child - More info and GoFundMe Link

Right, but it only has meaning in NH for state level issues. The federal government, for their purposes, still sees the arrest record.

That is not what I've been told by someone who has annulled a record. The record was deleted from all state and local files and supposedly the FBI gets notified of this. This person (a member here), paid extra to have the state run a check afterward and no results came back.

How about false arrest.
Kidnapping by the police.
Being held against her will and having your child removed from your care!
Never mind the financial cost to defend herself and the inconvenience and emotional suffering.

She may have made a couple of choices people here might not agree with.
Posessing a firearm with your child in the car is not against the law.

But what the police did IS against the US Constitution and any and all involved with her arrest should be charged with violating her civil rights!

What is the jail time for kidnapping?

That is what those in this case should be charged with!

I hope she gets the compensation she deserves and those involved are fired and charged!
Make those officers and all involved a prohibited person on the kidnapping charge!

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this one, I'd like to know one more piece of the puzzle:

The amount of time the cop has been on the job?

Why? Because I've found new cops think they can save the world from everything society has deemed 'dangerous'. I remember when my badge was still gold colored, not worn down to silver/tin/whatever. I thought I was saving the world too.

Knowing what I know now, what society has deemed 'dangerous' is substantially different than what really is dangerous.

But what the police did IS against the US Constitution and any and all involved with her arrest should be charged with violating her civil rights!

What is the jail time for kidnapping?

It's actually the maximum. Life in prison, or even the death penalty.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

This story leads the Manchester (N.H.) Union Leader newspaper this morning (Tues., Nov.7.) A lot of State reps are on her side.

Back
Top Bottom