• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH woman arrested for having gun in car with child - More info and GoFundMe Link

If its Nappen then she's going to need a lot more money and she should keep him on a short leash......lets not forget the some of past issues

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...-Case-Lost-But-There-is-Hope?highlight=nappen

You may be familiar with that thread since its your own......[rofl]

She would be a lot better off with Penny

Oh I know Nappen has some issues, but the people in the 2A community who rallied around her are friends with Nappen so highly suspect he was the one chosen/recommended. Penny would not be my choice, she screwed up several cases on her own as well as testifying against con carry (From what I hear she also charges Mass rates in NH which is insane). I only recommend Seth Hipple at this point.

The worst part of this IMO, absent the fact that it sounds like a complete BS charge, is that even once back at the station, his supervisors didn't see the report/read the charges during the actual booking process and immediately release her with no charges pending, pull the arresting officer aside and read him the riot act, with charges pending against him for false imprisonment, and beg the woman for forgiveness. I don't know anything about MPD, but someone in charge should've caught this and squashed it immediately.

This lady needs our help. There is more at risk than the *criminal* charges. Losing her job is a major issue.
As for attorneys, there are several others that should be interviewed. Hopefully someone gives her good advice on an attorney.
Some of them do not have the same name recognition, but have great records. Here is one who took on several recent firearm related cases.
http://www.attorneytimgoulden.com/practice-areas/second-amendment/

I dealt with, and witnessed the actions of many FINE cops in Manchester. I had an apartment building full of some of the biggest scum and losers (crap neighborhood) and they always handled themselves very well, spoke intelligently, didn't escalate any situations, then again, the people in the building obviously had many run-ins before, and for the most part were "yes-sir, no-sir" respectful. All it takes is one or two d-bags so soil an entire department.

I'm still of the opinion that the unmarked car cop wants her be a witness against the ex whom she has a restraining order on (thus having the pistol for her own safety).

But he didn't realize the current situation- she won't have any current info. So he came up with some more charges to toss around hoping she'd fold. His supervisors didn't stop him before he dug the hole too deep- and now it's a "respect ma authoritah" thing- which no cop will back down on (no matter the stupidity)...

I'm still of the opinion that the unmarked car cop wants her be a witness against the ex whom she has a restraining order on (thus having the pistol for her own safety).

But he didn't realize the current situation- she won't have any current info. So he came up with some more charges to toss around hoping she'd fold. His supervisors didn't stop him before he dug the hole too deep- and now it's a "respect ma authoritah" thing- which no cop will back down on (no matter the stupidity)...

someone will line their pockets if done right, like it should.

heck shit happens to me i rather sell everything I have to win a case instead of crying in a corner

Londonderry Fish and Game club just posted on their facebook page...all charges dropped? anyone else see any news stories?

I don't see anything newer than October 23, neither when searching for Alycia Neely nor relevant keywords.

IMHO, the charges were never going to stick, the real question is whether Sununu Youth Services Center will reinstate?

The support page for her on Facebook also says the charges were dropped and she plans on suing. Nothing less than the charging officers personally being financially responsible and facing criminal charges themselves will suffice, but I know neither will happen.

You won't find a news story on the charges being dropped because it's an embarrassment to the criminals on patrol.

Public post from pro-RKBA state rep John Burt:

https://www.facebook.com/john.a.burt.7/posts/10203908935959606

I want to thank everyone that help get these charges dropped. We must send a message that this is not going to be allowed in New Hampshire from our police.

The officer that arrested Miss Neely should be fired and sent back to Massachusetts where he was a Correctional Officer before coming to Manchester PD and bringing his MA anti gun ways.

I want to thank Manchester Chief Willard for talking with me yesterday and for dropping the charges today. I told Chief Willard that NH has Constitutional Carry and what happened to Miss Neely is not the intent of the law. The Chief never talked about the case as it was an open case but we did have a nice talk about the Second Amendment. The Chief told me he was one of the few Chiefs that supported Constitutional Carry.

Thank you again Chief Willard for your part in dropping all the charges in this case. There were many people working towards this great ending. God Bless America.

While that's great to hear from the state rep this is not a great ending and never should've happened to begin with. Although the charges were dropped, she was still kidnapped, humialiated in front of her child, co-workers, friends and family, lost her job, and now her ex who was abusing and stalking her knows she has a firearm and can adapt his approach if he so chooses.

She got reamed all around, this should not be considered a good ending, only a very small start to her being made whole, and hopefully in this case, fairly rich.

In the comments on Burt's thread, it was stated as confirmed that the officer was (drumroll, please!), from MA, where he was a CO.

Surprise, surprise.

I'm glad they dropped all the charges but he needs to go. Hopefully she can get her job back.

FYI: John is running for speaker of the house. Not sure how we can help him.

I didnt know until today that the company that fired her out of hand is owned by the Sununus.

I want to thank everyone that help get these charges dropped. We must send a message that this is not going to be allowed in New Hampshire from our police.

The officer that arrested Miss Neely should be fired and sent back to Massachusetts where he was a Correctional Officer before coming to Manchester PD and bringing his MA anti gun ways.

I want to thank Manchester Chief Willard for talking with me yesterday and for dropping the charges today. I told Chief Willard that NH has Constitutional Carry and what happened to Miss Neely is not the intent of the law. The Chief never talked about the case as it was an open case but we did have a nice talk about the Second Amendment. The Chief told me he was one of the few Chiefs that supported Constitutional Carry.

Thank you again Chief Willard for your part in dropping all the charges in this case. There were many people working towards this great ending. God Bless America.

That is epic.

Rep Burt just pulled a “This is Sparta!” F-ing brutal! But, hey, st least we still have Linsky. [rofl]

I had a neighbor who left ma for Pittsburg nh right after they passed the anti trapping laws here.

at the time I thought he was a little extreme, mow I realize he was a visionary.

The charges may have been dropped but she still had an arrest record in the PD system that will most likely never be deleted.

http://www.unionleader.com/state-go...obe-of-neely-firing-at-sununu-center-20171103

State Sen. Kevin Avard said Friday morning he was outraged after reading of the young woman’s fate in the New Hampshire Union Leader, and plans to seek a meeting with Gov. Chris Sununu on the issue.

In an early morning email to John Williams, attorney for the DHHS, Avard calls for an investigation of the firing of Alycia Neely, 31, of Manchester, under the subject line: “Please look into this. Sentencing this mother and child to a life of poverty does not make the Sununu Center look good.”

NH State Senator Kevin Avard is a good guy. Like a lot of NH State Reps and State Senators, he has a "real" job besides his Senatorial duties. His district includes parts of Nashua and Hollis, N.H. and he also has a show on Nashua Educational TV interviewing people. When NH had a grievance committee for a few years, he was on it. They heard complaints from Granite Staters who had been screwed by state agencies or otherwise given the run-around. The committee was phased out (no surprise). He later called some of these people back for his TV show. I'm sure he will be looking further into this case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom