NH residents - Please help if you can.

will99

NES Member
It looks like they might be interested in volunteers “According to News 9's Mike Garrity, anyone interested in volunteering is asked to report to Hampstead's park and ride commuter lot at Routes 121 and 111 in Hampstead.”

New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers say this is the second time Devin has disappeared this year. The first was last spring, when he was found within a few hours several miles away from home.
[thinking]

I wish them the best of luck in finding him . One thing i have to ask but i dont mean to seem mean or to put down the child is he Special Needs by any chance ? Seems odd to get lost twice within 2 years .

I wish them the best of luck in finding him . One thing i have to ask but i dont mean to seem mean or to put down the child is he Special Needs by any chance ? Seems odd to get lost twice within 2 years .

To a degree..his biological mom abused both him and his older sister as infants. My friend and wife legally adopted both of them after fostering them through some church program. So even though he's nine in age, his mental capacity now...is that of a 6 yr old. Both he and his older sister always wonder into woods and lose track of time. This time by far the longest and alone. We all just want him to be found safe and sound now.

I'm sorry but two times in less than 10 days and this is at least the third time, they are doing a really bad job of being parents and obviously have no business with a child. I normally would not say this but DSS needs to take this child from these people he is not safe in their custody.

I'm sorry but two times in less than 10 days and this is at least the third time, they are doing a really bad job of being parents and obviously have no business with a child.
I think it is quite possible that he is just a disturbed child, given his background of abuse, and they are doing the best that they can to raise a very difficult child. I think most people's 9-year-old can sneak off out of the house if he wants to, and there isn't much you can do to stop him besides lock him in a cell.

ETA: I wouldn't wish DSS custody on any child. If they aren't screwed up before they get into the system, they sure will be by the time they get out. I really feel for this little guy. He's probably in a really bad place emotionally if he's running away like this.

Last edited:
A child who really wants to can find a way to run/wander away.

Here's a prayer that they find a good solution to whatever problem is causing this.

Fact to the matter is that both Devin and his older sister goes to vacation every 6 months down to Disney with their parents as they are home schooled from the wife. What the parents didn't know, while during their last vacation, was that the sister started bullying the little brother from then till time they got home which was last week. Keep in mind..Devin is not able to convey his feelings all the time or properly, this was even more apparent as he left the house choosing not to tolerate the bullying from his sister any longer.

Why he did he do it this time?...well..I don't know and only glad the little guy found sooner than later this time around. Really hard to be in the parents shoes right now as they are not misfits or anything. He could sneak out when Mom in bathroom/cooking/cleaning/teaching other child/etc,etc, so long as the determination is there. My take is that they can deal with the source for him to run out in first place and deal with the sister...that is if she is root cause again.

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts.

I hope things work out well and the parents are able to handle the situation w/o state involvement. I understand the reasons for home school, yet it is a hard environment to develop socialization skills.

I think it is quite possible that he is just a disturbed child, given his background of abuse, and they are doing the best that they can to raise a very difficult child. I think most people's 9-year-old can sneak off out of the house if he wants to, and there isn't much you can do to stop him besides lock him in a cell.

ETA: I wouldn't wish DSS custody on any child. If they aren't screwed up before they get into the system, they sure will be by the time they get out. I really feel for this little guy. He's probably in a really bad place emotionally if he's running away like this.

Believe me I'm no fan of DSS or the screwed up system we have but I can see once but 3 times twice in less than two weeks. If my child got lost once it would never happen again I don't care what sacrifices I would have to make to make sure my child is safe. The frequency is just not excusable they need to wake up and figure out how to deal with this now. I understand the children have had a rough past and wish nothing but the best for them but there parents need to figuire this shit out NOW.

Lock him in the house. If he has a 6 year old capacity, it shouldn't be rocket science. At least put an alarm in the house so you know when the doors are open. Parents have many responsibilities. If failure to keep yours in the house and getting lost is an issue, you should have adopted a dog first for practice.

Back
Top Bottom