NH Resident Permit - Piece of Paper?

Hey all. I had a non-resident NH permit when I lived in MA and it was a credit card style permit. Since moving up north, I applied for and received my resident permit. I just picked it up today at my local PD. The permit is just a piece of paper. Is this just a temporary permit and they will mail me a credit card style permit later? Or is this it? Somewhat of a pain to carry a thin piece of paper around in the wallet for five years and keeping it in one piece.

You can get it laminated at kinkos for probably about $1-2

Too big for that (to be laminated and kept in a wallet). It's 3.65"x6". Although maybe I'll laminate the original and keep it at home and just carry the photocopy. Is carrying a photocopy of the license still in compliance with the law?

I made a copy and encased it in clear packing tape. It can then be folded and put in a standard wallet.
I do the same thing with my motorcycle registration to keep it from getting ruined while stored on the bike.

There is no requirement to carry the license on you. The copy I carry is shrunk to CC size and laminated. It's even still in color, just for the hell of it.

Trust me, the actual paper one will vaporize in your wallet over the 4+ years.

There is no requirement to carry the license on you. The copy I carry is shrunk to CC size and laminated. It's even still in color, just for the hell of it.

Trust me, the actual paper one will vaporize in your wallet over the 4+ years.

I like this idea. I'll do this also.

I laminated my orginal at staples with 10ml thinkness. I then scanned it on my home computer, croped it to be about the size of my NH Drivers Lic. I then printed it out, and had it laminated again at staples using 10ml.

Hey Guys, I just got my new Non-Resident NH LTC and it's no longer a piece of paper. It's a card like your MA LTC. It was about a month turn around time. Must be why they had a price increase!!

Hey Guys, I just got my new Non-Resident NH LTC and it's no longer a piece of paper. It's a card like your MA LTC. It was about a month turn around time. Must be why they had a price increase!!

The NH NR license has been a card for some time. It's only the resident P&R license that is paper.

Back
Top Bottom