• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Pistol/Revolver References

Any updates from the OP?

Dover tried this with me (none of my references responded). They tried to pull the "liability" bullshit with me. I was firm that they were in violation of the law (a few days past day 14).

They eventually issued it after I refused to play their game and demand my references respond (by mail). The chief was either too much of a pussy to sign my license or was legitimately out of town I was never able to determine which. A SGT signed my license and listed himself as "Acting Chief" on the license.

Stand firm. Also if you meet them in person, get your phone out and record the conversation. 100% legal per the court cases Glik v Cunnife and Gericke v Begin. If they give you shit about recording you can make mention of those cases. If they decide to be retards and arrest you for video recording, do not resist, you are about to become a rich man.

As an aside to the NH DL comments: The address that appears by law on the front of your NH DL is your mailing address, not your residence address. You must use your residence address on your 4473. If your mailing and residence address are different, this can cause all sorts of "fun" when buying a firearm.

If you're like me, and your residence and mailing addresses are different, you probably would like to know that there's an option to have your residence address appear on the reverse of your NH DL. Makes firearm purchases much easier.

As an aside to the NH DL comments: The address that appears by law on the front of your NH DL is your mailing address, not your residence address. You must use your residence address on your 4473. If your mailing and residence address are different, this can cause all sorts of "fun" when buying a firearm.

If you're like me, and your residence and mailing addresses are different, you probably would like to know that there's an option to have your residence address appear on the reverse of your NH DL. Makes firearm purchases much easier.
I only have my "mailing" address on mine, intentionally.

Some, but not all, gun stores complain about the lack of a "real" address on my license, so I just bring my automobile registration page in with me, as this has both the "mailing" and "residence" address printed on it. This has always been accepted, and adds maybe 10 seconds to the process of completing a 4473.

Back
Top Bottom