NH non res question regarding VT

I edited my original post cause I think I got it all wrong.

NH honors VT but does VT honor NH? I found a list of which states honor others and now I'm more lost than ever.

I also read that VT will not issue CCW permits so is open carry okay?

Last edited:
Whoa Whoa Whoa.............wait a minute. I need nothing at all to carry concealed in VT. REALLY? Whats the catch?

There is no catch. VT has almost the least amount of firearms laws in the nation. The only thing VT bans at all is sound suppressors.

-Mike

There is no catch. VT has almost the least amount of firearms laws in the nation. The only thing VT bans at all is sound suppressors.

-Mike

Sounds good. I rarely venture into VT but There are times when me and some buds are out on a long motorcycle ride and we happen to cross the boarder. Nice to know.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.............wait a minute. I need nothing at all to carry concealed in VT. REALLY? Whats the catch?

[laugh2]

You need a gun. [rofl]

That's it. [wink]

And to be correct, NH does not accept VT, since VT does not issue licenses/permits. You would have to get a non-resident NH license/permit to carry here.

Even if you have the federal stamp?

Yes. BATFE will not approve suppressor transfers into VT because of
this.

The funny thing is I think it is like a $50 fine type misdemeanor with no prison time. So, if you had already registered a can, and moved into VT with it, you wouldn't be at too much risk overall... although losing the can would be pretty costly.

I get the distinct impression the VT suppressor ban is basically an anti poaching reg. I think this is also why suppressors are even NFA items to
begin with- lots of poaching was occurring back then, and the government was grasping at straws to reduce it.

-Mike

I get the distinct impression the VT suppressor ban is basically an anti poaching reg. I think this is also why suppressors are even NFA items to begin with- lots of poaching was occurring back then, and the government was grasping at straws to reduce it.
Indeed. In many states, one finds two (sometimes contradictory) threads of law regarding firearms. One part is anti-poaching law (and hunting regs), a good deal of which goes back 100-200 years, and the other part is the public safety and welfare code, mostly more modern and, as we well know, often quite politicized.

Back
Top Bottom