• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Man Charged With Poaching For Shooting Turkey With 9mm From Car Window

When the judge asked him how he would plead, the man answered, "WHAT?"
Heard a story recently of a VT guy slamming the bolt home on a 30-06 with the intent of shooting a deer from his car windows and it fired pointed at his floor boards. Can’t even imagine how long that ringing lasted

Doesn't 9mm blow the lungs out of the body ? What does it do to a poor turkey ?
It does this. Strips the head and feathers right off. Most of the guts as well.
Guy probably used 124 gr Lu-gar ammo.

1668983303006.png

And if you're wondering, this is what .40 does to a turkey
Dam near vaporizes it
1668983437645.png

No name of the poacher has been released yet. I presume that this happen in one of the towns that border Mass. as MEP was involved with the case.

If he wanted to catch something for Thanksgiving dinner, should have just used a .22 pellet rifle, and preferably one designed integrally suppressed. Turkeys are pretty easily head shottable.

Doesn't 9mm blow the lungs out of the body ? What does it do to a poor turkey ?
Dunno about a turkey, but (about) the last game my dad took was a pair of partridges with a .30-'06. One shot each (no wasting ammo). Shot them through the necks. Not sure of the range, but, regardless, it was a pair of good shots!

His hunting buddies thought he was full of crap when he told him that he'd done it, so he pulled one out of each pocket of his coat. Considering he was over 70, it's an even better story. [laugh]

I went on a deer hunt in Maine a couple weeks ago and had spoken to a professional guide. He told me most deer in northern Maine are taken from the street…
I witnessed this in Arizona a few weeks ago. Truck pulled over on the side of a fairly busy road and driver was standing next to it aiming a rifle. The funny bit was that she was wearing camo as if there wasn't a big truck two feet away.

That's why I picked up a .22 Air Rifle with a built in Silencer.
Mostly for the Resident Canada Goose season. Bag Limit
of 5 per day and 15 possession. They will do a 1" group
out to 100 yards. I think I can do a Head Shot at 50 ft.
No searching for Bird Shot through out the Meat. You
can usually get close enough for a head shot at Turkeys too.

Swapped the Air Tank for a 1.1L Carbon Fiber one and got a 9L
Carbon Fiber Tank to refill it in the field. There is also the Air Compressor
to refill the tanks to 4500 PSI.

Malodave

That's why I picked up a .22 Air Rifle with a built in Silencer.
Mostly for the Resident Canada Goose season. Bag Limit
of 5 per day and 15 possession
. They will do a 1" group
out to 100 yards. I think I can do a Head Shot at 50 ft.
No searching for Bird Shot through out the Meat. You
can usually get close enough for a head shot at Turkeys too.

Swapped the Air Tank for a 1.1L Carbon Fiber one and got a 9L
Carbon Fiber Tank to refill it in the field. There is also the Air Compressor
to refill the tanks to 4500 PSI.

Malodave
That is great, Don't get caught. Using that on waterfowl can get you jammed up. Of course, you have to get caught first.

You just have to use Lead Free Pellets, Which I have.

Malodave
AHHH! No. The law is very clear on waterfowl, only allows shotguns or archery. and a rifle is not in that group.
Call over to New Hampshire Fish and Game and tell them what you are doing. I am sure you will get a response. Here is the address and phone number to call.

Region 4 (Southwest NH) contact information:

15 Ash Brook Court, Keene, NH 03431

[email protected]

Phone: (603) 352-9669

Last edited:
I'm chasing the dam things away from my car in the mornings, and that's park in front of an apartment building. It's gotten to the point where if I wanted one I could reach out and just grab it.
Where you live they know they're fairly safe from the mean men with the hurty sticks. They're bold. And mean.

Back
Top Bottom