Nh boating

So my wife and I have taken the U.S Coast Guard Auxiliary Boating Skills and Seamanship Course and I have also taken the U.S Coast Guard Auxiliary Navigating with GPS Course. Do these cover you in NH? I don't have any little wallet cards. Just the 8 1/2 x 11 certificates we got at the end of the class.

I would call them. My guess is that that certificate, plus a small fee, gets you the plastic card for your wallet.

I would call them. My guess is that that certificate, plus a small fee, gets you the plastic card for your wallet.

Thank you.

Ok, just called. She said any related safety certificate issued by either the US Coast Guard or the US Power Squadron is acceptable. You do not have to pay again nor do you need to get the card they issue, you just need to have a copy of the issued certificate with you when you are boating in NH.

But you do need a safety certification. Aside from the two i mentioned and the NH course you might want to check to see if they will accept. I only asked about the Coast Guard. She mentioned the power squadron. Any other states certification I would verify with them before hand.

Be sure to NOT use the emergency number. The number to call is a little way down the page on the right side.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/fob/marine-patrol/contactus.html

Last edited:
Damn! I should have read this yesterday. I just finished the online course and scheduled to take the exam tomorrow night. I owned a boat in Florida for 11 years and the course and online exam were a joke. My Power Squadron certificate is right in front of me, I had no idea that would suffice.

Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom