• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Bachelor party

Hey all,

I'm the best man in my buddies wedding and as tradition goes, its my job to plan the bachelor party. Hes a simple dude, said he really wants to have all us guys go to the mountains for the weekend. We're going camping this weekend in the White Mountains (Bath, NH to be specific). A few of us have guns, and whats a bachelor party to NH without burning mass amounts of powder?! I understand that without a non-res permit to conceal, it is lawful for me to carry in NH but I must open carry, and in a vehicle it must be unloaded. I got all that, what I dont have is knowledge of the area we're going to. Does anyone know if there are ranges, or areas where a few guys could go launch some bullets, that is close to Bath, NH? I'm sure a secluded area of the woods would be just fine, but not knowing the area, I dont want to go firing off rounds in the woods not knowing if there are trails that could have people on them.

Any ideas, or anything else you may know of that would be a good time for a group of guys in their 20s, let me know! I appreciate all the suggestions and advice.

Thanks

I would definitely check on local ordinances. Don't know for sure but maybe different regulations for White Mtn. National Forrest for shooting. Not knowing the area, it would be a bad idea to shoot in the woods without knowing whose land you are on or the backstop. I do remember being 20 something, and any alcohol and guns........not a great idea. Stop in at the Manchester firing line, call to set something up before hand, and do your shooting there. They have really cool fully auto guns to use! Then go on your way camping and have fun. Would not be a good party with someone in jail or hurt.
Good luck & have fun!

I belong to Pemi Valley which is in Holderness and it's awesome. I believe they still have the $5 honor system but check their site. I go there on the way up to my place. It's exit 26 off I93.

There will be no alcohol during or prior to handling firearms. We may be in our 20s but we're not stupid, nor do we go shooting with people who are careless. The last thing I want is to tell someones parents their son is in the hospital.

That being said, I think we might stop at Manchester.
I didnt even think of Google earth. The place we're staying is a private cabin, the owners rented it to us and I would prefer to not shoot on their land as I have not gotten the OK to do so, nor will they be there.

Thanks for the replies guys! any and all comments are welcome.

There will be no alcohol during or prior to handling firearms. We may be in our 20s but we're not stupid, nor do we go shooting with people who are careless. The last thing I want is to tell someones parents their son is in the hospital.

I didnt even think of Google earth. The place we're staying is a private cabin, the owners rented it to us and I would prefer to not shoot on their land as I have not gotten the OK to do so, nor will they be there.

Thanks for the replies guys! any and all comments are welcome.

Keep in mind that it is spring turkey season now, so I wouldn't suggest just going out in the woods, shooting things up. That will NOT make any of the locals happy, to say the least.

Depending on where you are, you may just get some return fire. [wink]

Keep in mind that it is spring turkey season now, so I wouldn't suggest just going out in the woods, shooting things up. That will NOT make any of the locals happy, to say the least.

Depending on where you are, you may just get some return fire. [wink]

Ah yes. Thank you for that. So shooting in the woods is out. Im hoping to get out Friday morning myself before we leave and spend some time with mother nature.

Hey all,

I'm the best man in my buddies wedding and as tradition goes, its my job to plan the bachelor party. Hes a simple dude, said he really wants to have all us guys go to the mountains for the weekend. We're going camping this weekend in the White Mountains (Bath, NH to be specific). A few of us have guns, and whats a bachelor party to NH without burning mass amounts of powder?! I understand that without a non-res permit to conceal, it is lawful for me to carry in NH but I must open carry, and in a vehicle it must be unloaded. I got all that, what I dont have is knowledge of the area we're going to. Does anyone know if there are ranges, or areas where a few guys could go launch some bullets, that is close to Bath, NH? I'm sure a secluded area of the woods would be just fine, but not knowing the area, I dont want to go firing off rounds in the woods not knowing if there are trails that could have people on them.

Any ideas, or anything else you may know of that would be a good time for a group of guys in their 20s, let me know! I appreciate all the suggestions and advice.

Thanks

Whatever happened to hiring women for a real bachelor party? [laugh]

I would definitely check on local ordinances. Don't know for sure but maybe different regulations for White Mtn. National Forrest for shooting.
New Hampshire has statewide preemption, there are no local laws. There may be regulations which apply to wildlife refuges, and various types of state/federal parks and forests, including White Mountain National Forest.

Turkey season is only sunrise to noon, so just shoot in the afternoon and you won't have to worry about pissing hunters off
Good point.

Manchester Firing Line has a modern d indoor range with full-auto rentals, closes at 8PM every day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom