• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH 2019 Bill HB 218 relative to the use of deadly force by a law enforcement officer.

If this passes, would it mean they could only use deadly force for self defense?
From my first glance over it yes.

It removes the use of deadly force in effect an arrest or detain someone. A leo needs to have believe that there is iminent danger to life (theirs or someone else's) to use deadly force.

I dont see a problem here. Popping a suspect just for being a suspect doesn't seem prudent. Lol

From my first glance over it yes.

It removes the use of deadly force in effect an arrest or detain someone. A leo needs to have believe that there is iminent danger to life (theirs or someone else's) to use deadly force.

I dont see a problem here. Popping a perp just for being a perp doesn't seem prudent. Lol

The only thing that would get removed is the “effecting an arrest” verbiage, in two places.

The cops can still pop your ass whenever the f*** they feel like it, they’ll just have to say “he was attempting to escape our custody” instead of “he was resisting arrest”.

I'm not sure if the bill really changes anything in the long run. Seems like it's never going to be "definable". Maybe I'm just naive but I continue to hope that only those that have the demeanor and intelligence to handle the job of LE, get to hold the position in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom