NFGA Practice

Anything from a dozen to 2 dozen shooters, mostly match rifle, but always some F-class as well. People start showing up at 0800hrs. Whoever has the walkie-talkie and takes your 5 bucks is the RSO.

Quite a nice rifle range, very green, well kept shooting position (in-ground sprinklers even....geesh). Wind is rarely an issue, and the mirage is nothing like you get off the swamps at Reading on a warm day.

JR

Last edited:
excellent. I am totally new to shooting at this distance. I am planning on shooting some F-Class and any/any this summer. I was thinking this would be a good place to start so as not to totally embarrass myself the first i enter a competition...are these newbie friendly?

It is fairly newb friendly. Keep in mind that weekday morns tend to attract primarily retirees and other "elder statesman". You need to let them know if you are not already zeroed for 600 yards. be zeroed at as long a distance as you can get elsewhere (200 yards?). Print some range cards, (http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmcard-5.0.cgi) and hope the number of clicks they recommend get you on paper right away.

JR

Back
Top Bottom