News from gun free Australia....

As usual criminals, as always, have no problems getting guns. It's only the law abiding who are prevented from protecting themselves. I'm always amazed how little people from places like the UK, Aus, and others know about their own crime rates, and act like they know anything about ours...From "gun free" Australia:

Guns hold Sydney hostage

The Daily Telegraph October 05, 2009 12:00AM

Sydney shootings ... getting worse. Source: The Daily Telegraph

GUN violence is so out of control there are three shootings a week in Sydney and neighbourhoods are living in fear.

The city's shooting capital is Fairfield, with 34 shootings and drive-bys in just two years to the end of June.

Exclusive statistics from the Bureau of Crime Statistics show there were 157 drive-by and illegal shootings between July 2008 and the end of June, up from 129 the year before.

Police investigated 29 shootings in the Blacktown local government area, 25 in Bankstown, 24 in Auburn and 20 in Liverpool. There were even 11 shootings in the heart of the city.

Opposition police spokesman Mike Gallacher said NSW was awash with handguns, which were being imported from overseas and then traded on Sydney streets.

"Criminals are getting their hands on illegally imported firearms," he said last night.

A frightening array of guns have been seized in the past month, including a .357 Magnum handgun and a .22 shortened rifle with silencer.

In one raid on September 9, police officers managed to seize five Colt M16 assault rifles, three Colt AR15 assault rifles, three 9mm assault rifles, a tactical assault rifle and seven 9mm handguns at Rosebery.

The last shooting victim was a 34-year-old Auburn man wounded in the shoulder six days ago in Sydney.

Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research chief Don Weatherburn blamed the spike in shootings on a sudden rise in bikie-related drive-bys towards the end of late last year.

He added that the number of shootings had since stabilised.

The latest drive-by shooting was just two weeks ago at Smithfield, with a family at home when their house was shot at.

Truck driver Bob Knight was an innocent victim caught in the crossfire in June when shot dead by a stray bullet from a gunfight that took place in Milperra.

"I actually feel sorry for people that live in Sydney, people that lived near it wrote to us saying `It could have been my house'," Mr Knight's son David said yesterday.

"I like to hope if something comes out of this for Dad that the Government or the police actually realise what is going on."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/guns-hold-sydney-hostage/story-e6freuy9-1225782701247

In one raid on September 9, police officers managed to seize five Colt M16 assault rifles, three Colt AR15 assault rifles,

Interesting they made the distinction. Assuming the distinction is real, I wonder if those were imported from one of the countries the US does arms business with... But it's all the citizenry's fault...[rolleyes]

A frightening array of guns have been seized in the past month, including a .357 Magnum handgun and a .22 shortened rifle with silencer.

Christ, that is frightening. I just pooped my pants thinking about those scary guns. [rolleyes]

Criminals will always find a way to get their hands on weapons. That's what these ignorant people don't understand.

+1. Just like the guy in London that converted starter pistols to workable firearms. A lot of good their gun ban has done.

Criminals in the UK have increasingly resorted to converted air pistols, gas pistols and starter guns since private ownership of handguns was outlawed in 1997. At first, criminals produced crude conversions of British Brocock air pistols, then moved on to German or Russian starter pistols or flare guns.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/feb/24/ukguns.news

Remember, this is the place where Mad Max came from.

"YOU! You can RUN, but you can't HIDE! "

When I was 15, working at Strawberries music with an Australian, we used to bust his chops by saying "Austrailia? It's not a country, it's a bloody prison colony!"

It's ironic to look at this now and see how true this really is.

I better check my underpants, I've been so frightened from carrying a .357 Magnum handgun all day long today.

Wait....OH NO!!! It's in my nightstand........ Call the cops!

I've cousins in Australia who own guns - legally. It's not that hard.

One takes the state approved course - and pays dearly for it.
Then joins a state licensed shooting club.
Then the actual license application/ordeal/background check.
Then one buys an approved safe.
... and has it inspected by the police , to insure it is properly bolted down , etc.
Then one applies for a permit to buy a particular firearm that is on the rack at a store - not a type - but the individual gun.
When the permit arrives one has 30 days to buy it - with more state mandated hoop jumping.
Gun owners are not allowed to own any military caliber guns. No 9mm , no 45's , no 223's , no .308's etc. ... Oh , yeah : No autoloaders either.

If one doesn't actually compete the required minimum times per year , gun is confiscated.

So , see ? It's not that hard.

It's time. Time for the good people of a once great nation to bring their government down, and take governance back.

If they wait any longer, there will be nothing left save, and nothing left to burn.

Consider it a cautionary tale. Resist while you still can.

People must be sneaking them in when they walk across the border. No other way it could happen. I blame George Bush and those crazy Yanks with their lax gun laws. If only America would outlaw gun possession, there would not be any crime anywhere in the world. .

I continue a debate on www.cyclingforums.com with an Ausie who persists in contending that, due to continual changes in the manner of data gathering and statistical anaylses, that reports of increased crime in OZ since the bans are not real. Same tripe that the British Home office offers to the smitten masses.

Funny how the anti's will claim that gun controls works to their last breath...

ive also sent this to a liberal minded forum with a aussie i know whos a big fan of banning guns and glass beer mugs at bars..

this is what i posted
"Stop the presses people. The world is spinning off its axis...
Some how, criminals are getting weapons into places were gun ownership is illegal...
How could that be? Don't these criminals realise that guns are against the law in Australia? Don't they realise that Australia banned guns so criminals couldn't use them in crimes? I don't understand why these criminals are using these guns, if its against the law... Don't these criminals see that its illegal? Don't they see that breaking the law makes them a crim... oh wait, yeah a criminal.

Then I posted the article

And closed with;

"Wow, I don't believe it! So you mean your telling me, that if you ban lawful ownership for guns that criminals wont stop trying to get them? Wow, I was in a fantasy land there for a while thinking that if the .gov says you cant own it, everyone, the badguys included, will obey that new law! jesch!

Gun control does a few things. The thing it does best is take the means of defense/offensive and means of survival out of law abiding citizens hands. The other thing it does best is make the criminals automatically have the entire country out gunned short of its military.

Gun control, it works? right? hah."

We have to thank the Ausies - they took a slogan and made it a bona fide fact:

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns".

Where can I get some of those bumper stickers? I might just stick them on some bumpers that have "Obama 08" stickers on them...

Back
Top Bottom