New Year's Resolution, Demonstrate for the Second Amendment

G

GOAL C.M.

Full Story
"Here's a suggestion I think is long past due for the entire Second Amendment advocacy community to start taking more seriously, especially in light of the successes of the Tea Party movement:

I will attend a public demonstration in support of the Second Amendment.

This one is meaningful for me. I wrote some years ago about being subjected to insults for presuming to march through Santa Monica, CA as part of the Second Amendment contingent in their Constitution parade--it seems that particular amendment wasn't very welcome in the People's Republic. And I wrote a few years after that about how our local counter-demonstration to the so-called "Million Mom March" in Westwood, CA, only drew several hundreds of supporters--despite an area gun show a few weekends before attracting over 40,000 gun owners.

It's past time gun owners got off their butts and took to the streets in peaceful protest. You can attend a national demonstration or you can attend a local or regional one, so pick what works, forget the excuses and just do it."

GOAL will be calling on your support this year, especially when talks begin in regards to H. 2259. We look forward to seeing many of you, and Happy New Year all.

I for one will be there. Just keep up the good work getting the word out and I am sure more will follow our lead.

Back
Top Bottom