new years day

High of 13 next Monday, no thanks. I refuse to shoot indoors at my local club as the ventilation blows.

I shot outdoors (had the range to myself for a couple hours) on Sunday which I suspect will be the last time I shoot outdoors for awhile. Forecast ain’t lookin good/warm.

35th Annual Redeye Shoot at Leominster Sportsmen's - All are Welcome!! Come on Down!!
Cost is still $25 for a round of skeet and a round of trap. Also, includes coffee, donuts, muffins and a special gift.
Members and non-members are welcome. Shooting is from 9:00 to Noon.
upload_2017-12-26_22-14-8.png

Saturday is my last day of deer hunting with the muzzle loader. Got two in the freezer already (6 out of 7 of us in my group already tagged this year too) so the pressure is off and the closing day will be a relaxing one with most of my buddies. goal is to get the one guy without a deer a good shot and go 7 for 7 for the first year ever. Its been a banner year the herd is strong and we played it right.

As far as new years day I'll be hunting again......rabbit is open till end of February.....squirrel till Jan 2......coyote still fair game too.

Looks like I'll be switching to ice fishing for my outdoor "fix" early this year! Things are locking up already. We have plenty for venison sausage and venison stew on the ice this year!

Last edited:
High of 13 next Monday, no thanks. I refuse to shoot indoors at my local club as the ventilation blows.

Or NOT as the case may be.

I'll pass. Anything below about 35 is too cold to shoot outside. Mansfield is well on it's way to an indoor range, but the wait is years, not months. (No complaints. VERY appreciative of all of the efforts. Heck, we are closer to an indoor range now than we've ever been. EVER! Good news is my middle daughter says, "Dad, we need to go to the range more. When is Mansfield gonna have the indoor set up? We could go any time." Ahhhh. What a kid.)

Steel match at my local club; definitely shooting it New Year's Eve and probably again on New Year's Day.

Bonus for me this year - Fireworks are legal down here. We'll have a metric crap-ton New Year's Eve at the club after the match.

Back
Top Bottom